Labor watching JUNE LADIES!! JOIN IN!!! :)

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
Ok... so I've waited long enough (ok really only about 9 hours) :haha: for someone to start a June labor watching thread.. so here it is.. Now what haha...
I guess we talk about all the exciting stuff.. For me it is that my girl has been head down for nearly 2 weeks and the last 3 days I have felt her head move into my pelvis (only to move back out shortly after) but I'm getting quite excited knowing she knows what to do!!!!

Also here is what I'm doing to help with my labor:
*Perineal Massage, I started at 31 weeks and I have been doing it religiously every night and I have already been able to tell a huge difference!!! Hubby gets weirded out by it but like I tell him , it's to help my lady parts get back to normal quickly after birth if I don't tear lol...
* Red raspberry Leaf Tea, I have just started this last week! and I am drinking 2 teaspoons of tea steeped in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes once daily.. I will increase it slowly as the weeks go on!
* I will begin evening primrose oil capsules vaginally at 36 weeks
* I am doing sits on my exercise ball and stretches that allow my pelvis to be open!
What are yall doing?

Hurray! I've been waiting for this thread to come up. I can't believe how quick it's gone so far and im so glad that i can now officially say LO is due next month :)

I haven't really started any preparations to help labour.. I have read about Red raspberry Leaf and it's benefits and i think im going to try and pick up some capsules instead as im not a fan of fruity tea.
Never heard of Perineal Massage or evening primrose oil technique... Just had a quick google search.... feeling a tad unsure wether to do either. I do see the benefits if it helps to prevent tearing though.

I also need to buy a ball, eeek im not very prepared at all

On a positive note, i have purchased all the things for mine and LO's hospital bag, and im going to start packing at the weekend, and i have finished my birth plan x

Whoo hoo! Our babies are coming next month!

Last week I started drinking one cup of RLT once a day...other than that I'm booking a babysitter to watch DS so that DH and I can go for a hot curry in three weeks time if LO hasn't made a move by then. I'm not massaging my bits although I do practice some breathing and relaxation techniques as I think they kept me calm in the early stages of labour last time.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am due at the end of June, so still have a long way to go, but this is exciting!

I have never done perineal massage, but maybe should this time around. I had an episiotomy with two of mine, and I tore with my smallest baby. Guess I should google and see what its all about and how much it might help.

I'm going to start RLT tomorrow, and plan to start EPO - just haven't decided when yet. I've never done either before. I hope something works for me!

Hubby is uber excited :blush: about doing his part to help things along. I keep hearing plans of twice a day......don't know why he is thinking that sounds fun - I'm a bloated whale and everything is inconvenient at this point. :dohh: But I'm glad he still wants to go there, and maybe he is just getting excited about finally being useful. :shrug:

I've been walking around a lake as often as possible. Its 3 1/2 miles and takes me 70 minutes. So slow! My last time running around the lake was 34m 9s, so it literally takes me twice as long now. :nope: I ran through the first 7 weeks, but when I spotted in the first tri, I was told to stop running by my DR. He cleared me to run again after six weeks break (I spotted for almost 4 weeks), then after a few weeks of running (a lot less and a lot slower!), I started having contractions and was diagnosed with Irritable Uterus, so was again benched. :cry: So now I walk around the lake as much as possible, and I plan to start walking it every day by the time I hit 36 weeks. I hope it helps!!!

That's all I got. I don't think I will do Castor Oil - I tried it with my third and it just gave me pain. And now I'm hearing its controversial, so since it didn't work before, I think I'll try something else. Also, the eating spicy foods - I think mild sauce from Taco Bell is hot, so I doubt I can get down anything that would be effective :haha:, and I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach several pineapples at once, either.

I have an appointment tomorrow, so will be asking if baby is still head down.

Can't wait to see who goes first and who goes last and all the updates in between!

Yay.. I was waiting on this thread to be started as well! My ticker is off I'm 34+4.

I'm not doing anything atm but waiting. I don't plan on massaging (I'm weirded out too) or taking EPO, drinking tea etc. I actually vowed that I wouldn't be the lady that tried everything to get him here quicker. lol I'm not in a big hurry or anything so he can take his time. We'll see how long that lasts!!

Nursery, almost done and hospital bag is almost done. Putting the finishing touches on both this weekend. It's also our 2 year anniversary Monday so we'll NOT be trying to make a baby! I'm over sex!

Wahoo!! I was looking for one of these before aswell! Just over 4 weeks left for me as I'm due the 2nd :happydance: I've been bouncing on my ball and just got some raspberry leaf capsules today but not sure how many to take to start with? It says you can take 3-6!

Our 4 year anniversary is a week away! :) ... I won't be trying castor oil either, but willing to try nipple stimulation and lots and lots of sex lol!! Hubby will be a-ok with that one I'm sure ;)...
And I'll be willing to try lots of spicy foods!! My dr seems to think that baby will come the end of may or the first week in June, but then again I've heard people say their drs said the same thing and they went over!! I'm finishing the last little bits up in the nursery and then I'll post some pics!!! I'm SOOO excited!!!
Also anyone in here babywearing, breastfeeding and cloth diapering? I'm most excited about those three things!! I just can't wait!!! :) I got so many cutesy teeny-tiny newborn all-in-one cloth diapers, I'll have to post some pics of them as well!!
Anyone done maternity pics?? We haven't yet as I still don't feel like my belly is "big" enough :/.... BUT...
you may think I'm crazy but we will be having a birth photographer... EEEP , yeah I'm hesitant to tell anyone that because the few people I've told have been all "OMG, thats weird, why would you want someone in there taking pics of that" but seriously she's not going to be between my legs ... she will get some of those pics but that's not all she will be doing, she will be capturing the day/night for us, something I can look back on and say wow!

Wihooooo ..... So excited it is finally a June thread time.
I'm due on the 15th. My oh is away working every weekend in May, so hoping baby comes sooner is too scary. In my head I feel like babies only come at night, at the weekend lol Silly, I know.

I've been on my ball every now and again.
Started rlt a few days ago. 1-2 cups per day.
Dtd last night for the first time in ages.... Plan to do that a lot more, the closer I get. I was 8 days over with my dd and tried everything. Finally dtd and my waters broke the next day.
Will prob try the primrose oil, around wk 36.
I did try the perenial massage. Not sure where the massage element comes into it but it wasn't pleasant. Since trying it a few times, I got really swollen down there and just couldn't bring myself to keep it up.

I've been listening to gentle birth program since 20+ weeks and I'm hoping it keeps me calm during the early stages of labour.

:) Kel x

I forgot nipple stimulation. I've never done that either, but I have a sister who thinks that's essential for anyone trying to get their labor going.

I have an exercise ball - when is a good time to start that?

And I will be buying RLT tomorrow. I'm thinking of going with capsules since so many people say the tea is gross. Do you all think its just as effective? And if I can't find the capsules, how do you drink the tea? Milk? Sugar? Plain? Hot? Iced? :shrug:

I am already 1 cm dilated and I my cervix is already quote short so it is bed rest for me. The baby's bag is ready but my stuff isn't in yet for the hospital.
I will be using bum genius nappies as O did with my daughter but I think I will probably use some disposable ones to start with and once she sleeps through the night as I found that they used to give my daughter a sore bottom.

Oohh yaay here we go ladies!! :wohoo:

I can't believe we're here..
I've been drinking RLT since 32 weeks once a day and will continue and increase in a few weeks.
Also got my birth ball blown up to bounce on, should probably start doing it more regularly.
I'm doing my natal hypnotherapy CD as often as I find the time.
I want to start perineal massage; you've inspired me to look into it tonight! If that's not totally weird to say :haha:
My partner is also super eager to do his part haha, will be funny I'm sure :blush: a few days ago we dtd and it made me have a lot of BH's/cramps.. I guess it works!

Midwife said yesterday that baby is head down and was in the 'perfect position', although I can already tell she's wriggled :dohh: but good to know she can get into the right position!

Got my hospital/essentials bag mostly done; planning a home birth hopefully (final decision to be made after our 37 week scan) but need the bag set up either way.

Pinkpassion we're baby wearing and breastfeeding (we feel we can't cloth nappy with the space we have at the mo, hopefully with second baby!). What carriers have you got?
I haven't had my maternity pictures done yet either because I also want my bump as big and defined as it's going to get.. but I'll do them around 36-37 weeks I think.
We're having our birth filmed completely (got the video camera and huge memory cards at the ready) and pictures too, it's my best friends job, I don't think it's weird! My mum filmed her birth of me and I've watched it and I think it's wonderful to know what is was like when I arrived and I want my daughter to have the same option :)

Phew that was long, sorry ladies! xXx

I am due June 22. Havent started anything really, just sitting on the ball. I try to walk, but not always happenning, though i guess walking up and dow three stories is quite an excersise. What does rasberry leaf do? Oh yeh, and baby is head up now, hope she turns

I did try the perenial massage. Not sure where the massage element comes into it but it wasn't pleasant. Since trying it a few times, I got really swollen down there and just couldn't bring myself to keep it up.

I will say that the first several days I did it I almost cried.. it was so painful and I could barely stand any stretching of that area to be done, but I was determined and pushed through it and that's why I truly believe it's helping!!

Pinkpassion we're baby wearing and breastfeeding (we feel we can't cloth nappy with the space we have at the mo, hopefully with second baby!). What carriers have you got?
I haven't had my maternity pictures done yet either because I also want my bump as big and defined as it's going to get.. but I'll do them around 36-37 weeks I think.
We're having our birth filmed completely (got the video camera and huge memory cards at the ready) and pictures too, it's my best friends job, I don't think it's weird! My mum filmed her birth of me and I've watched it and I think it's wonderful to know what is was like when I arrived and I want my daughter to have the same option :)

OOO exciting!! I have the moby wrap, the baby K'tan and a woven sling and then we will see from there once baby gets a bit bigger!! What have you gotten? I've already worn the moby wrap and baby k'tan as those will be the first two I primarily wear, the slings don't feel secure enough for me at the moment, but I'm sure it's just because I'm a nervous first time momma haha.. I've gotten really good at wrapping the moby so I'm excited about that!!
I'm glad to know you will be videoing and photographing the whole thing too!! Makes me not feel quite as weird!! lol

OOO exciting!! I have the moby wrap, the baby K'tan and a woven sling and then we will see from there once baby gets a bit bigger!! What have you gotten? I've already worn the moby wrap and baby k'tan as those will be the first two I primarily wear, the slings don't feel secure enough for me at the moment, but I'm sure it's just because I'm a nervous first time momma haha.. I've gotten really good at wrapping the moby so I'm excited about that!!
I'm glad to know you will be videoing and photographing the whole thing too!! Makes me not feel quite as weird!! lol

I was thinking of the moby wrap! I've ended up going for the hana baby as it is very similar but a lighter material which is good for me because I overheat super easily. I don't wear a coat even in winter and I'm in the UK :dohh: we've also got a wilkinet and a traditional ring sling; we've gone for the maya wrap ring sling. Yes, like you I'm thinking of mainly using the hana baby until she gets bigger, then thinking about a simple clip carrier when she can support herself sitting upright. The ring sling is more for my partner, he likes things on one shoulder so perfect for him hehe.
Bah maybe we are weird, but it's fun to be weird! :hugs:

I am due on june 26th and had my first cup of rlt today and i didnt really care for it but i can cope with it once a day for 2 weeks then i hopefully will be able to manage 2 a day and so on. I am starting to get rather uncomfortable already, baby is head down and has been for weeks i dont know if he comes out of that position but every check up he is there she said his head is just sitting at my pelvis yesterday, i am excited but scared of the labor aswell x

Im due end of june as well, but mw said we will try to go early, so 6 weeks time for me which is scary, hes already head down and i have felt him go in and out of my pelvis too, im not really doing anything right now but will start rlt soon and blow up the ball this week, starting to get excited

I'm 35w and need to get on that perineal massage business.

Now where can I get raspberry leaf tea or capsules?

Been waiting for one of these!

I'm due 6 June. Not doing anything to prepare for birth. Just waiting as I've been early with my other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->