Labor?

homegrown21

Reaction score
I'm 38wks and have been having a bloody show since yesterday and this morning lost my plug. As of Monday, I was 2cm and 50% effaced.
Since about 4am, I've been having regular mild contractions. All have been period like cramping and have not extended to my back. I don't want to go to L&D to early and obviously not too late. Opinions?

Sounds like things could be starting hon, good luck! Is this your first? I've had 2 boys. First one I went to hospital quite early as there was meconium in my waters so they were worried baby was distressed, but second time was quick so by the time I got there it was time to start pushing. I think the advice then was to stay at home until the contractions got strong enough to stop you being able to talk through them! That depends on how far you are from hospital though.

I would wait that the contractions are about 5 minutes appart unless your water break but you can always ring and ask.

Good luck, I am 38 weeks as well and completely exhausted. I am hoping for a September baby (so she won't be the youngest of her class) but sometimes I feel like tightenings so we ll see what my midwife on Thursday I ll be 38+6 by then...

My problem was I can talk through all of my labour so no one believed I was coming as quickly as I was. I wouldn't go in until you have contractions 4 minutes apart that last for 1 minutes for 1 hour but if you are worried or need reassurance call your labour ward. x good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->