Labour ward Tour

Fossey

Mummy to Larissa
Reaction score
I was reading a thread earlier about the tour of the labour ward and was wondering what exactly happens. Is it a group of people that go or just you on your own... do they show you the delivery rooms/wards and all the bits and bobs used during labour?
Im just really intrigued and can't wait until mine. I'd love to hear about your tours.

I only had the tour with my first hun ...
It was at my booking in appointment around 10 weeks i think , But each area is different .
I went with just me and OH and midwife showed us a room , What is offered etc .
Was nice to see .. And i was very impressed you stay in one room all the time , No moving around and en suite bathrooms etc .. Little fold out chair/Bed thing for OH to sleep on .
Was glad they offered us a tour .
With second thow i knew what the rooms were like and didnt seem too impressed as i knew once i saw them nice rooms the pain started Pmsl . Good luck . xx .

I went on a tour with my first and there was about 8 couples in total showed us the delivery suite, Theatres and postnatel ward

Hmmm wonder if i will get offered a tour as my midwife appointments are at a different hospital to the one the labour ward is it.

Does that make sense???

hey i got mine on thursday i will let you know how i get on... i know i got to meet every a midwife and there will be other people after the tour we then talk about labour think its only for an hour xx

We don't get a tour....the only way we get to see the delivery suite is via one of these online virtual tour thingys....

I missed my tour :( I dont know where the labour ward even is... going to be fun i think :lol:

My local hospital does them as part of the antinatal class.
Im not going to the antinatal class as im on my 4th and i already know the drill, but i had my others in a different hospital, so my midwife said she will get in for the tour so i can get a feel of the ward.

Lol I didnt see the labour ward until I was in labour :rofl:

My local hospital has stopped doing tours altogether as they felt that they were too intrusive for the women who were on the wards in labour/post labour/being monitored etc. A shame but I can understand why they've done it.

Lx

got mine on saturday although im doing my best to avoid giving birth there

At mine, they showed us the labor ward, and there was a big big big room with about 12 beds all with curtains you can pull right round, for women waiting to go down to delivery, then as you came out of there there was 2 toilet rooms, then theres private rooms for you and your bubs to sleep in and have visitors once your brought back down after delivery.
And we were showed delivery, every room has a shower, birthing pool, toilet etc. through a door, in the room and your allowed to have a bath n stuff if you want.

all in all it would have been great if the colour scheme wernt so yucky!

That one sounds nice, hope my hospital has lots of private rooms. Do you get moved onto a ward the same day baby is born or stay in the single room until you get discharged?

Single room until discharged! was really impressed by that =)

I didnt get a tour yet :( I am hoping for the mid wife late clinic in november I will. I dont know if they do them here or not. But all i know is the direction its in. i dont think i would like to be sitting there watching all these ones touring around the ward though after having baby. but it would make me feel alot better, i would understand if i was sitting there after it all. then again it could scare me looking at it all.

I had my hospital tour today went well but they was very busy!
just showed us how 2 get in the labour part at night as its locked! showed us rooms and birthday pool (much smaller then i thought!) Plus they said if all goes well you can go home after 3 hours! but if its late at night you can stay till morning. They showed us where 2 get food when on labour ward, visiting times etc.
I am so excited now nearly 3 weeks left!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->