Labour ward

greenkat

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I went on the labour ward tour for the hospital I'm giving birth in today - was hoping it might be a bit more comfy looking than it was but I was pleasantly surprised by how clean it was and how friendly the staff were. There was quite a calm atmosphere. - I thought it was unusual that the rooms had disco balls hangin from the ceiling, lol.

Guess I was just wondering how you're all feeling about the whole hospital thing?

I've been lucky and never had to stay in one before.

Mine is ok 2.Staff are lovely and when I was admitted I made friends with another mummy 2 b and we keep in touch.It's nice when you know you can relax with your newborn.I have given birth in 3 different hospitals and had very different expierences in all of them.Hope you feel more relaxed now you know what to expect and as for disco balls ummm pass ha ha xx

I'm moving at the end of the month up to Scotland so I've no idea what my unit will be like but I've heard good things. It's a small hospital in a town so they only have 4 beds on the labour ward! It seems really personal and friendly though.

I'm just glad to be getting away from the one I'm near now. I've heard horrible stories, and I've been less than impressed with the hospital in the past!

In general though I'm feeling really calm about the birth and looking forward to meeting my LO. :)

I've been on my hospital tour and found it a great help knowing what your up against on the day. It is a lovely place and all the staff are lovely and seem to get on very well. They seem to make the labour as pleasant as possible with all their facilities. I'm looking forward to giving birth there. Glad you like where you'll be giving birth I think it really helps. x

yeah - I do feel more relaxed having seen it, especially knowing exactly where to go for when I'm in labour, one less thing to worry about.

rafwife - that's so good - you could have the whole ward to yourself!

Disco balls on the ceiling?? lol???

Glad you liked it and will feel comfortable there!!!

Disco balls, perhaps for dancing with joy when LO makes their appearance!!!?? Or something to focus on when in labour???

Glad you were pleased with your visit.

The hospital that I will be going to is very nice. It is only 3 years old so very clean and rooms are to a good standard. I have several friends that have had their LO's there too which is always nice for piece of mind. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->