Labour watch thread? Anyone else?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I figure that I can't be the only person going crazy about every little twinge or studying their discharge lol.

Anyone else care to join me with your labour/symptom watch?

So far baby is very low (as a second time mum I know they generally don't drop until you're in labour but this one has definitely dropped so I'm wondering if that's a sign of things to come)

My poor bits are incredibly swollen. Not sure if that's actually a sign of anything.

I'm getting (I think) an increase in discharge although it's still pretty runny, not like a plug.

Peeing more frequently
Increase in soft BMs and diarrhoea. Increased nausea and just a general off feeling.

I think I'm getting Braxton hicks but my belly is so rockhard I wouldn't know.

Me!! I'm on baby number 3 and my first 2 gave me 0 warning signs lol. My first was 10 days late second was 2 days early. Both times I was not dilated not effaced at all at my appointments right before I finally went into labour. Never had my water break or lose my plug until moments before birth. I have an appointment in a couple hours so I'll be getting a sweep but it never helped put me into labour the last 2 times so I'm not very hopeful!!

But I hear ya, I feel really swollen and sore down there too. I can't sleep I have to pee a lot and also getting the nausea and braxton hicks every night!

I'll join! I have had zero labor symptoms until this morning....lots of sharp pains in the lady parts, I'm thinking it's my cervix dilating, but it could be the baby just being pokey. I'm also super tired and my back and arms feel kind of sore for some reason. Feeling particularly brain foggy and also really thirsty.

I have my 40 week appt in an hour, so I will know if I'm dilated at all. Last week I was still closed up but cervix was "softer". Please let there be progress!

I am waiting as well, although I'm not really over analyzing my symptoms and am just trying to ignore them until I am for sure in labour haha. I'm getting some BH, some painful, but really nothing major. Have lost some mucousy discharge but nothing blood tinged. Otherwise I feel fine other than being utterly exhausted, cranky and short tempered, and having stiff/sore hips. Also not very comfortable at night and getting tired of getting up a million times to use the bathroom. I had dd1 on her due date and went into labour the day before. I don't suspect this one will come very early either.

When I got checked at 37 weeks I wasn't dilated at all and only 25% effaced. I won't be checked again until 40 weeks probably.

I'll join.
I'm 37+1 on baby #3.

I had no signs with baby #1 and was induced on due date due to BP problems

Baby #2 my waters broke at 38+2 but nothing progressed and was induced next day.

This time,
Soft BM, period pains, strong BH & pressure in both vagina/bum areas. (Sorry for all the info lol!!)

Definitely different to my others, not sure if any of it means anything tho lol.

Just came from doctor. Not dilated at all. Baby isn't engaged either...but she said my cervix was "much, much softer". Uggghh...

I just came back from the doctor as well. No dilation cervix is still thick and long but she said baby has definitely dropped. She did a membrane sweep but I don't anticipate anything happening for at least a week!

Argh! Sorry to hear ladies!! I remember when I was pregnant with DD and the ob kept telling me week in and week out that my cervix was "favourable" but I wouldn't actually dilate. So frustrating...

What are you ladies doing to pass the time? The last month of the last tri always seems to drag...

Hi ladies, I'll join you.

With my DD she came right on her edd so I figured this one would come out a little bit sooner.

So far I've gone to my birth center. Last Friday and this Friday since I had contractions that were 3-5 minutes apart and pretty darn strong. Well once I got to the birth center everything stopped all at once. ( I live an hour and a half away from it).

I've had swollen lady bits
Nausea
Lost of appetite
Irritated easily
Losing plug- some times with a little bit of blood.

I'm just hoping to the next time things start up that I actually get to bring home my baby.

Argh! Sorry to hear ladies!! I remember when I was pregnant with DD and the ob kept telling me week in and week out that my cervix was "favourable" but I wouldn't actually dilate. So frustrating...

What are you ladies doing to pass the time? The last month of the last tri always seems to drag...

That's a good question.. I'm so bored!! Lol. We are having a pretty brutal winter it's been -30 c for a while and lots of snow so I haven't been out much and I'm starting to go crazy. My house is super clean lol.

Had a long awful sleepless night...had horrible stomach pains that turned into bad gas and loose bm. Then mild contractions started around 4am and still getting those every hour or so. Also lost some plug with blood in it. I know this all points to prelabor but after all the stories I've heard about these things dragging out, I'm not gonna assume anything until the water breaks or contractions get worse.

Fingers crossed that it's the start of something cnote.

I started getting mucus discharge last night. I was so excited that it had changed I had to text OH just to let him know Hahahaha!!!! Knowing my luck though it won't be a sign of anything.

I'll join you ladies too to pass the time, although I'm not getting overly excited about anything.

I'm 37 + 5 with baby #2.

Had baby #1 at 40 weeks + 2 days naturally. Waters broke on their own and delivered 12 hours later.

This one is and always has been sitting WAY lower than the first. I have incredibly strong pressure/swolleness in all my lady bits and have started to have soft BM for the last 3 days (though I wasn't aware that was a sign of something until I read this thread!) Extremely strong BH, but at 37 weeks, no progress in my cervix. That is not a surprise though, since even at 40 weeks with my first, I had no progress at all, then 2 days later, poof! my waters broke and I dilated very quickly. So I don't put too much stock into that.

Have a lot of movement near my cervix but also can't tell if that's just baby punching it, or it's actually my cervix softening.

I also don't remember ever losing a mucous plus with my first?? I think everything was just really tight and closed until my waters broke and I probably lost it with that!

Had bloody show and contractions are about 10 min apart. We're pretty close to headed to hospital. Look a like baby may very well come on his actual due date! So nervous and tired. Didn't sleep last night and really hoped to get a solid sleep before baby came. guess not..

I'll join in as a clueless ftm :).

37+2 today. For the past week I've been having:
Period-like pain, sometimes during the day but mostly when I go to bed at night. In my lower abdomen, back and down my thighs (constant ache, not on and off like contractions). It lasts for about 30min at a time and then goes away for a few hours.
Shooting nerve pain down my thighs, presumably baby's head pressing on nerves
Major loss of appetite
Very weepy and tired lol.

Not much else yet! :)

I know from a recent exam that I'm 2cm dilated, baby is head down but just starting to engage. He is lying a bit weird, I think it's called ROT presentation. Seeing dr again on the 23rd to check on progress.

Good luck ladies!

Cnote - how exciting that baby might be born on due date! Sorry you're so exhausted! Good luck!

How is everyone feeling? Dh and I dtd this morning and I have been losing my plug throughout the day which is weird for me because my last 2 babies it happened hours after my contractions started! I know it doesn't necessarily mean much but hope it's soon!

I'm having a section in 16 days but I have polyhydraminos so have a risk of going into labour before the section date!
For the last 2 nights I've been woken with mild period cramps and backache but by morning they've got.
I lost some more mucus plug on Saturday too.
Feeling so big and uncomfortable (the 2-3 liters of amniotic fluid doesn't help) and wish baby would make an appearance some time this week.
She weight 6lb 6oz last week at 36 week US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->