Labour watch thread? Anyone else?

Omg cnote!! Good luck! We'll be thinking of you (and will be super jealous!)

Welcome newbies! I've totally forgotten what contractions feel like, I know they SAY that happens when you get to hold your baby for the first time. But I didn't actually think I'd forget. So every time I get a little pain this time around I'm like "omg was that a contraction?" Wishful thinking.

FTM and also have polyhydramnios, although a mild case as of my scan last Monday at 36 weeks. I have another scan later today to determine if I should be scheduled for a c-section. Baby measured 6lbs 11oz, so a bigger baby plus the extra fluid has me really uncomfortable! My ribs are starting to ache most of the time from being expanded so much, so hopefully this baby will be coming sooner rather than later. I'm hoping for sometime 38-39 weeks. I'd really like to go into labor myself before an induction as I'm determined to go through labor unmedicated and I'm concerned that might be more difficult with an induction.

I've been having regular BH contractions for most of 3rd trimester, but I've had a few crampy contractions over the last week, plus more frequent and softer bms and rectal pressure that has made me feel the urge to go and nothing happens.

Over the weekend I also had some needle-like stabbing pains, like someone was sticking a long needle in my cervix repeatedly. Ouch! That happened on several occasions. I've also had general soreness in the vagina and cervix and a change in cm. I seem almost dry today, but my cm went from thick and white to clear and watery last week, then this weekend I lost some mucus-y looking clear cm that I could feel when I got out of bed and stuck to my toilet paper when I wiped. No blood involved or tinge of color, so I imagine at least most of my plug is still intact.

Also - I'm FAMISHED! For a few days now I just haven't been able to get enough to eat! I want to eat everything in sight. We'll see if I've put on a bit of extra weight this week. :haha:

I'll find out this afternoon if I've made any progress with dilation and/or effacement, which will play somewhat into the decision to induce.

I've also been absolutely starving lately. Let us know how your progress is after your appointment!

Well, after this week's scan they're no longer considering me high risk! My fluid levels are high for sure, but this time they were within the "normal" range at 23.8 (last week's scan was 26), so they aren't calling it polyhydramnios and I won't be induced! :yipee: Apparently they're measuring 10 inches of fluid in there! That's a lot of fluid... No wonder my uterus feels like a fully inflated balloon. I'm afraid it might pop if I poked it too hard! :haha:

I had some pretty decent crampy contractions yesterday and a good amount of discharge after feeling so dry and swollen down there all day, so things are still moving along I think! My midwife didn't do a progress check, so I have no idea how much I may have dilated at this point, but I don't care too much. At this point I'm just glad I don't have to worry about induction! I'll probably have her check me next Monday if I feel a lot going on over the next week, just so I know where I am should I go into labor on my own before 39 weeks.

I woke up with contractions for a good 2 hours on sunday night I thought for sure it was the real deal but I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up in the morning.. nothing!! And nothing since! Never had that happen the last 2 times

Thought I posted but I guess not! I had the baby on 1/15 at 5:00pm. Baby E was born on his due date - 6lbs 15 oz. We're all at home now doing well. Case closed!

Good luck to the rest of you ladies, hope your L&D goes well!!

Btw, for me, the loose bm, gas, cramps, backache....all sorta increased in frequency until the backaches turned into contractions (back labor sucks btw!) and then...that turned into a baby! I figure I actually started labor early Sat around 4am, and it went full blown Sat night, and by Sunday late am it was "active". The actual pushing part was only about 15 min at most. Thank god for the epidural!

Congrats! That's amazing you only had to push for 15 minutes! I'm very happy the wait is over for you.

OH Cnote!! Congrats!! Amazing news!!

Huge congrats cnote!! Hopefully the rest of us aren't far behind you!

Congrats cnote!!! Enjoy that beautiful bubba of yours! Ps know what you mean with the back labour... OUCH!

Congrats cnote!

Soooo all my pains and cramps have stopped. We'll see what my dr has to say on Monday.

Fern, most of mine have let up this week, too. I still get the BH contractions (though I have to say they're a shade more intense now), but I haven't been feeling much going on down there and baby doesn't feel as uncomfortably low in my pelvis. I'm definitely still waddling, but it doesn't feel like baby's about to fall out! Maybe this is just the quiet before the storm.

Is anyone else still waiting? I'm due today and feeling so fed up. Tried to get a sweep today but only 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced and membranes so high she couldn't really do much. Ugh.

Yep, still waiting here, but I have almost 2 weeks to go until my due date. I was checked for the first time yesterday at my appointment and I'm about 1 cm dilated, but still pretty thick. She didn't give me a ballpark with effacement, so my guess would be well under 50% effaced. It's hard to say, though. She wasn't my normal midwife, and I've noticed I don't always get all of the information I'm used to getting with my own midwife when I see the other one.

Sorry no luck with the sweep! Although that sounds incredibly painful considering how much it hurts just being checked. I hope things get to moving along for you! How long will they let you go before they talk induction? Have you been trying anything at home to induce labor?

Sorry about the sweep, Literati. But congrats on your due date!! Hopefully that 1cm progresses quickly for you. Will they induce you at 41 wks or do they do it differently?

I asked my OB for a sweep yesterday and he said "not until you're 39 weeks..." he was happy to give me sweeps at 38 and 37 when I was pregnant with DD. And this baby (in my opinion) is way more ready than she was. Not only that I'm 38+4 today. Like what difference does three days make?!?!!! He wouldn't even check me. Ugh.

I had my baby boy on sunday morning! Had a sweep done Friday and was not dilated or thinned out at all she said I likely would still have another week and my water broke Saturday night! I was 39 weeks and 3 days.

Kimmy - that's great news! Congrats! Gives me a bit of hope. Although it sounds like you actually had a real sweep rather than the wimpy half-attempt my doctor did. Ugh, I think it's just easier to blame someone else for my body not working.

Bree - the soonest they would induce me would be 41+ 1 day, but if there are too many higher risk people at that point, I could get bumped and it could take even longer. :( I have a lot of anxiety about going overdue because of family members going overdue and then having stillbirths. So even the thought of going until tomorrow makes me sick.
That is weird your doctor wouldn't do a sweep this time if he did them with your first! Hang in there. Maybe baby will come anyway!

Lenora - just trying to stay active cleaning a lot, eating pineapple and dates and spicy food and doing squats. I don't think anything is going to get things started until my body is ready, though.
That's too bad this midwife didn't give you as much info as you would normally get. They will induce at the earliest at 41 + 1 day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->