Labour watch thread? Anyone else?

Kimmy! I saw your other threads! Congrats!

LitLove- happy due date!! Hopefully you will be happily surprised this week!

Lenora- I'm with you at 38 weeks, 1-2 cm dialated and about 70% effaced so the next 2-3 weeks will go by so slowly!

Bree- how frustrating they wouldn't even check you! I just like knowing where my body is at! My doctor said we could do a sweep next week at 39 weeks also, but I think I'm going to hold off because she is out of town that week and my mom wouldn't be able to get here until February 2nd! So after that, I'm fair game for anything! Lol

Literati - True, the body isn't going to voluntarily do what it isn't ready to do! Too bad for us we can't just tell it to start labor and it just goes with it. :haha: Do you have an exercise ball to do a bit of bouncing? That and doing some kegels seem to help put a little more pressure on the cervix. I'm not trying to get labor started, just hoping to keep things moving at this point so I'll hopefully have a good head start when labor does start. I've heard squats are great, too, so well done on those! I hope your body decides to cooperate very soon!

Kimmy - Congrats!! Enjoy that sweet bundle of yours!

BSelck - I'm hoping time won't continue to drag on as it has this week... How is it only Wednesday?! My midwife hasn't even mentioned a sweep yet, but I don't imagine I'll go for one until 40 weeks. My midwife is on call on even weeks, so I'd rather not go into labor when I may end up with the other midwife on call next week. Plus I'd really like a few days of maternity leave to rest and get things done at home before baby comes!

Bree - I can't believe they wouldn't even check you, especially when they have in the past! How strange. I have heard, though, that doctors won't induce now until at least 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason, and a sweep is a form of induction. Sorry they won't try to help you out! I hope things get started for you sooner rather than later.

I don't have an exercise ball and am not going to go buy one at this point, or else I'd definitely be bouncing away.

Still nothing today. No signs whatsoever. Ugh.

39+1 today. Check up showed that despite the pains/tightenings I've been having along with the other 'labour signs' that my body has made no progress lol. He did however managed to give be a good sweep so fingers crossed things get moving else I'm looking at induction again at 40+

Thank you Lenora. I'd love to go naturally this time, with both boys I've been induced and although it's not been an issue, I'd just love to see if my body can actually do it 😂

Oh, I'll keep my fx for you!! This is my first, but I'm hoping I'll go into labor naturally as well. I've got a few more days to go than you, so hopefully we'll both get what we're hoping for!

My labour watch is over! Baby was born at 8:22 am today. Got to the hospital at 7:58 am and had her at 8:22 am after 9 minutes of pushing! 8 lb 13 oz! We are overjoyed!
Good luck to all you pregnant ladies!
My signs the day before were I just lost a huge chunk of mucus plug and had loose BM. I was barely even cramping or having strong BH the day before or anything! Woke up at 4 am in labour! So don't be discouraged if there aren't many signs!

My labour watch is over! Baby was born at 8:22 am today. Got to the hospital at 7:58 am and had her at 8:22 am after 9 minutes of pushing! 8 lb 13 oz! We are overjoyed!
My signs the day before were I just lost a huge chunk of mucus plug and had loose BM. I was barely even cramping or having strong BH the day before or anything! Woke up at 4 am in labour! So don't be discouraged if there aren't many signs!

OH Literati!! How unexpected and amazing to read this today!! Huge congrats!!! :happydance:

SO SO elated for you Literati!! And what a quick labor! Massive congrats, enjoy that sweet baby!

Congrats on the baby! I've started with loose bms a few days ago, but I don't think they mean anything for me... I'm only 36+1... and my last baby was over due... so I am anticipating this one to cling on longer as well as I've heard boys tend to stay in past their due dates...

Massive congrats Literati!
Nice quick labour for you! Enjoy your time with your newborn baby xxx

Yay!!! Congrats!! Thank you for the update hun. Hope all is well with your squishy little one xxx

Lots of pains yesterday following the sweep. Today, nothing except slightly brown tinged discharge. Lol. Back to waiting x

Hi can I join you ladies in labour watch I'm 38 weeks pregnant with baby number 7 & watching for any signs all the time lol sending myself a little nuts. I have a 6, 5, 4, 3,& 1 yo and an angel.

Hi can I join you ladies in labour watch I'm 38 weeks pregnant with baby number 7 & watching for any signs all the time lol sending myself a little nuts. I have a 6, 5, 4, 3,& 1 yo and an angel.

Of course!!! Welcome to the crazy side lol! Seven! You're incredible mumma. What have been your signs of labour in the past?

With number 1 it was just the slow onset of contractions number 2 I woke up with pains number 3 I ran down the road from me mums house and contractions started shortly after lol number four I had a show as with number five. Prior to all I noticed my skin became really soft and smooth and o didn't want to leave the house. I have timed contractions will all of them and then woken up to nothing but when it really started their was no need to tome it was obvious

Welcome 2nd time! I hope things kick off soon for you. Have you gone into labor around 38 weeks with any of your other little ones?

This baby must be really low... I feel constant pressure now, sometimes in the front, sometimes in the back. And after walking around a bit Saturday (and having contractions a good portion of the time) my hip joints ached so badly overnight and most of yesterday! I have an appointment this afternoon, so hopefully I've made more progress in the past week. I start maternity leave Wednesday, so we'll see what happens after I'm home working on things and on my feet more rather than stuck at a desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->