Ladies at Uni = ]

C

carla15x

I don't know how many girls here are actually at uni or are going to uni or have been pregnant at uni so I don't know how well this will work out = ]

Basically I'm really struggling atm. . . .

So tempted to just turn round && say "Oh let's just go for it now"
because I know he would and now there's no implant it is a possibility But obviously we've set a date to make sure that everything will work out better for the baby: so I can can eventually get a better job and of course my degree but also so we can save.

Is anyone else at uni feeling the same?
&& what would you do if you did fall pregnant early whilst still at uni?

xx

I'm at uni at the moment, just finishing my first year and I can understand how you're feeling. What year are you at uni? Personally I've decided that finishing my course and then decide what I'm doing career wise before I start TTC. If I fell pregnant at uni then I would go ahead and plan uni around it and manage.

I haven't gone yet, but if it happened before or during then i'd make the best of it. Suppose it's what most people would do.

I don't really understand what you're saying lol but I was at uni when I got pregnant and I ended up having to leave because I missed too many lectures etc from preg symptoms like exhaustion and nausea x

I'm just finishing up my final year at uni and will be looking to start ttc in just under a years time because it will be right for us then. When I'd just started my 1st year and had just got with my OH- we'd not been together a month!!- I had a pregnancy scare and if I had been pregnant then we would have dealt with it somehow. There's a girl in my year who's heavily pregnant at the moment and is praying that she doesn't go into laour early as it could easily be in the middle of her final year exams. I suppose what I'm saying is that it's doable but by no means ideal. You don't know how your body will react when you're pregnant and only you can decide what's more important to you now. Have a chat with your OH and decide together. Personally, I would say that if you think you can wait until you've finished uni to ttc it would be better but I don't know your full situation.

Beca :wave:

I had my LO while i was at uni, i took a year off and now i'm going back to a different course...its reaaaaalllly hard to go back to it though.
I found out i was pregant end of feb, i did all my exams then took time off, it was really hard with feeling sick all the time and the baby brain bit...but u can do it.

i would say wait til after uni to ttc, as it'll prob be a complete waste of time and money if you drop out. how long have you been this broody for? are you actually at uni yet? you've got to prioritise i suppose, i couldnt imagine being able to focus on both trying for a baby and studying for a degree. or what about putting uni off, would that work?

Hiya = ]

Well yeah I'm at uni now
infact right now
I'm revising in the libary lol

Were not gonna start TTC until NOV/DEC
&& I'm assuming that it'll take 6 months
&& I won't fall till maybe May or June

But obviously if it happened straight away I would be in my final year . . .
I would just about be finished the year when baby arrives if it happened the first month

If I got really ill or tired with the pregnancy though I don't know if I would be able to finish the year. . .

&& I definately would not drop out

xx

I wasn't going to drop out either hun but sometimes you miss too much. And I had a pretty good pregnancy where 1st tri symptoms are concerned. In my personal opinion I would say wait until you have finished your final year. Final year is the most important year where there is most work involved. Get stuck into revision and pass your exams and graduate! Then start TTC. I know broodiness gets the better of some people but at such an important stage in your life where you need your head clear and to be as alert as possible that kind of thing has to be put to the side. I hate that I had to drop out and I wasted so much money as I didn't even get to do my exams. It's easy to think that you can be pregnant and get your last year over and done with but it really really isn't!!

I have exams in 4 weeks and I am DREADING them because if morning sickness hasn't finished I'm going to have serious problems

Hiya = ]

Well yeah I'm at uni now
infact right now
I'm revising in the libary lol

Were not gonna start TTC until NOV/DEC
&& I'm assuming that it'll take 6 months
&& I won't fall till maybe May or June

But obviously if it happened straight away I would be in my final year . . .
I would just about be finished the year when baby arrives if it happened the first month

If I got really ill or tired with the pregnancy though I don't know if I would be able to finish the year. . .

&& I definately would not drop out

xx

hi, if its only a matter of two months can you really not hold out that long?

Hey Hun,

Im meant to be taking a break due to revising for my exams, but felt I should post.
Im in a similar position.
* Hate my course
* Currently Finishing 2nd Year
* Have got a lovely OH
* Extremely Broody
* Feel physically ready to carry a baby.

Im so close to leaving my course, but I figured I may aswell stay. Its actually only 8months In uni left til I graduate (thats not including xmas hols / summer etc)
If I fell preg now (which i wont) I would have to deal with it, but I doubt with the stress I put myself under it will be healthy for baby.
If u can hun, you should stall it, but if its what you want more then anything in the world, no one can tell you what you should do.

I wish you the best of luck in your decision making. If u ever need to chat etc PM me chick.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm glad I've posted this
&& got all your responses even it's it's not what I want to hear
Lou especially your post as your in kinda the same position

Me and OH have had a chat and, while if it did happen soon then we are prepared financially and stuff, I think it might be a best to wait = [

xx

I'm glad I've posted this
&& got all your responses even it's it's not what I want to hear
Lou especially your post as your in kinda the same position

Me and OH have had a chat and, while if it did happen soon then we are prepared financially and stuff, I think it might be a best to wait = [

xx

I think that's a very wise decision :)

Hey, I know it will be hard to wait but just think that you will have your uni course all out of the way and you won't have to worry aout anything. It will be a lot easier once you finish uni, and you could find something to distract you during the hols - seeing as uni work will be a big distraction in your final year so the time will fly by. xx

Yeah I'm hoping to start my dissertation during the summer so by this time next year I'm not living in the library like most the third years I see lol

I'm gona start at the gym over the summer again as well, get some fat lost
= ]

Hopefully get a job to keep me busy
&& keep having my diving lessons although I'm near my test! = D

I just handed my dissertation in on Monday and would definitely say that regardless of your best intentions it takes up considerably more of your time than you expect it to, especially considering that it's usually due in at a similar time to all your coursework for other modules!! Good Luck with it! No matter how much you enjoy the topic, you'll be glad to see the back of it this time next year!!!

Beca :wave:

i'm a third year student nurse, which is a little different from normal uni since we split the time between lectures and being on placement, working.
i should be finishing in august / september and i'm due octover 1st.
i'm on the third week of a 12 week work placement and its bloody exhausting! i'm not even sure i'll make it thorough, after some fainting and abit of bleeding (babies fine, though!). so i might have to come back & finish after bubs is here.
if you can choose to wait till after, i would! that said, having fallen pregnant when i have... i wouldn't change at all. :)

Hi, I am also at uni, in 4rth semester over all but have changed my subject so I ma only in 2nd atm.
I also want to get either after or in the last semester to TTC onlz because I don't think it is good to be absent minded too much at uni. My ohalso would not mind if we started earlier but I do, I first want to have an education step stone finished(bachelor of science) (so last semester is only for the bachelor thesis so if I think it is manageable to be pregnant during this I consider it , otherwise i wait till i have finished that too . )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->