ladies help please whats wrong with my leg :(

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
I havent hurt it so not a bruise. It came out about 2 days ago planning on going to the doctor tomorrow. My mum thinks its varicous veins?!

Pic

Attachments

• 20130113_154003-1.jpg
    20130113_154003-1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 44
Honestly, I wouldn't say thats varicose veins. I've seen a few cases of them and this isn't similar at all.

I'd say it was just bruising. Bruises don't have to hurt. Are you on any medications? Some can cause bruising xx

No medications it just appeared :shrug:

It looks like a very very bad bash maybe you l picked it without nothing as that is the fleshy part of the leg so you may not have felt it x

Or maybe oh kicked you during night?

I bruise randomly. It's possible you kicked yourself in your sleep, which is what I do. Actually, I usually kick my husband, and he wakes up with bruises. lol

I have a neuro condition so I feel every bump, I can't even high five because it hurts my skin if that makes sense.

Just find it odd that its come out of no where. Was a lot smaller yesterday has spread out today.

You should just wait and see what the GP has to say, more than likely it will be nothing, they'l probably want to take some bloods and makre sure you are not anaemic or something - some meds can make you more likely to bruise, like steroids?? xxxx

have you had a drink in the last few nights? I don't mean as in got off your face and fallen over, but just like a glass of wine that could have made you sleep heavier- ie, through a knock? I've broken my arm in my sleep before and left it for 3 weeks because I didn't know how I'd done it :haha:

It does look like a bruise... but my mum has terrible varicous veins and they also look like that! They get like that if shes been standing for hours in her job x

Abby - Nope on no meds.

Emma - Don't drink as I'm on SW and use my syns elsewhere :)

Been on hold with the docs for ages! Wish they would hurry we are meant to be getting loads of snow this afternoon don't really want to drag DD out in it!

I get bruises like that which I don't notice I've done. I got them from knocking into things that are lower down especially, when I was teaching I always had bruises on legs as it was primary yr 1 and reception so tables were low down. I had an awful one on my hip the other day which didn't hurt and didn't remember doing but think it must have been when I shut the door with my hip. I wouldn't worry to much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->