Ladies Ladies who chart can you help? Temps after ov (posted in TTC and TTC 35 +)

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies i've started to take my temp in the mornings as i'm thinking about BBT next month! and my luteal phase is approx 8 to 10 days after OV. My periods dates change every few months.To give you a rough idea:

# Date of last AF 19 th July CD 31 to 32 #

before CD 11 temp around 35.8
CD12 = 36.1 (peak OV dectected on CBFM)
CD13 = 36.1 (peak OV dectected on CBFM)
CD14 = 36.1 (medium fertility dectected)
CD15 = 36.4 (low fertility dectedected)
CD16 = 36.4
CD17 = 36.6
CD18 = 36.0 ( feel very low, depression gets worse )
CD19 = 36.6 ( period pains and night sweats increase )
CD20 = 36.4
CD21 = 36.3 (period pains all the time, no af yet)
CD22 = 36.1
CD23 = BFN ( a little early to test)
CD24 = 36.6
CD25 = 36.64
AF due CD31 19 th of August. The peak fertility showed 12 days early this month.

My symptoms ( i've listed the major ones)inclued: You know when you just don't feel quite right and haven't done for years.

mood swings, sore bb's through most of my cycle, water retention, weight gain before AF of 4 to 6 kg is typical, depression which is worse second half of cycle, PMS, very painful periods, no interest in sex (not good when TTC), poor sleep patterns, night sweats (hope it's not menopause) terrible memory which you proberley have noticed, lol ( many of these i was told years ago that these are the things you hae to put up with being a woman ( i only had male Dr's up untill recentally) i'm also " fluffy" and find it hard to lose weigh. I have been tested for thyroid function many times, comes back ok.

Could i be having symptoms of luteal phase defect. I suffered from low progesterone 10 years ago and didn't AF for 3.5 months. Any ideas i'm 38 my mum started her menopause symptoms in her mid 50's. Sorry i didn't use farenheight i think 36 oc is around 96.8 f, i think. Any in put ladies? Sorry about the odd title forgot to check it before posting!

Ps - I think my temps seem low so i'm gonna buy a another thermometer so to make sure, even thou i've not long had this one!
I'm 38 and DH is 31 and TTC#1.

I suggest you start using Fertility Friend...it will answer so many questions for you

It seems you're more experiencing effects of low progesterone levels than anything else. LPD is if your luteal is really short (< 10 days). Yours seems like it may be upwards of 20 this time...which is incredible. I personally (especially given the history), would look into use of OTC progesterone or RX progesterone for use after 1-2 days after I've ovulated and finished BD'ing. I would then HPT test 15dpo. If nada, then drop the progesterone so you can move on to your next cycle.

In fact- it seems like it's amp'ed up more than usual for you- so I would get some OTC progesterone pronto! (that doesn't have black cohosh or dong quai in it).

*SS*

It seems you're more experiencing effects of low progesterone levels than anything else. LPD is if your luteal is really short (< 10 days). Yours seems like it may be upwards of 20 this time...which is incredible. I personally (especially given the history), would look into use of OTC progesterone or RX progesterone for use after 1-2 days after I've ovulated and finished BD'ing. I would then HPT test 15dpo. If nada, then drop the progesterone so you can move on to your next cycle.

In fact- it seems like it's amp'ed up more than usual for you- so I would get some OTC progesterone pronto! (that doesn't have black cohosh or dong quai in it).

*SS*

hi star sign still no sign of AF dispite all the symptoms yes if i come on the 19 th my LP will be 19 days!!!! Every few months my periods come late 3 to 5 days then have a couple of months where the date is the same and then all change. I have also been looking into LPD and i've also had poor Liver function, my gall bladder removed and chronic fatigue syndrome! i store my body fat on tummy, hips and thighs losing weight is difficult and concidering a used to work in the fitness industry and have been studying fitness for over 20 years and know the fastest route to weight loss this is very fustraighting! I'm begining to wonder if the menopause is coming :wacko:

*SS*

hi star sign still no sign of AF dispite all the symptoms yes if i come on the 19 th my LP will be 19 days!!!! Every few months my periods come late 3 to 5 days then have a couple of months where the date is the same and then all change. I have also been looking into LPD and i've also had poor Liver function, my gall bladder removed and chronic fatigue syndrome! i store my body fat on tummy, hips and thighs losing weight is difficult and concidering a used to work in the fitness industry and have been studying fitness for over 20 years and know the fastest route to weight loss this is very fustraighting! I'm begining to wonder if the menopause is coming :wacko:

My approach would be to get my health improved so you can properly support growing a whole other person. Look into progesterone, ginseng eluthero, and a non-toxic pre-natal like FertilAid pre-natal.

It seems like your body is trying to up the progesterone levels, but needs a little help. What do you take to help things for TTC/health?

*SS*

i have switched a mainly vegatarian diet, practice yoga to reduce stress levels take folic acid and b complex

i have switched a mainly vegatarian diet, practice yoga to reduce stress levels take folic acid and b complex

just be careful with SOY products as it can raise your estrogen quite a bit...unless that is what you need. I personally stay away from estrogen stuff... And it sounds to me like you may be Estrogen Dominant like I was...not good.

just be careful with SOY products as it can raise your estrogen quite a bit...unless that is what you need. I personally stay away from estrogen stuff... And it sounds to me like you may be Estrogen Dominant like I was...not good.

I second the "stay away from soy" recommendation. Most vegetarian offerings are soy-based (tofu, etc.).

*SS*

I would start tracking your temperatures to know when you ovulated. Are your periods 3 to 5 days late because you ovulated late, or you have an extra long LP? If you have occasional extra long LP these really may be chemical pregnancies, in which case good to determine and point out to your health care provider.

I wouldn't eat soy as it has an effect on the thyroid as well! I still eat some meats and try to stick to food that are closer to nature and grow my own. If i do make something i try to make it from scratch which reduces the chemical elements in food that the manafactures put in. Still no AF, it's like waiting for a bus!

Wow, you eat like that and you're still fluffy? I definitely would do progesterone then. Still, here's :dust: for a :bfp: soon.

Wow, you eat like that and you're still fluffy? I definitely would do progesterone then. Still, here's :dust: for a :bfp: soon.

I've got dr's on the 31st aug so i'm gonna speak to her i've only been doing the veggie thing for about 6 to 8 weeks i think x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->