Ladies please help me!!! ANXIETY and NOW I am going away for a week!!!

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Okay I asked this question on another thread. About the armpit pain in one armpit was sore and hurt when I lifted my arm. Thank you ladies for your responses. I decided since my OB is out of town and I am going out of town tomorrow to pay an online doc (I know stupid) and ask him what he thought. Well, now I am worried. So basically he told me pregnancy can instigate breast cancer in the breast and that I should have it looked out... I was actually looking for some relief like... OH VERY COMMON PREGNANCY SYMPTOM.

Anyway, the only good thing to this scenario is that the pain is almost gone. And he told me there is 1 in 2000 chance it could be something serious.

I wish I can go see the doc tomorrow but we are leaving to Orlando tomorrow and our flight is in the AM. Ughhhh i feel like my trip is ruined, I wish I wasn't such a worry wart.

I always got armpit pain.. Like an achiness in early pregnancy. It would come and go and was like a first sign for me. I can't remember when it stopped completely. It's one of those things that wasn't consistent, but for me, a good sign. Try to relax if possible. Stress isn't good for you or baby :hugs:

Hun, try to relax. If you go out of town for a week and enjoy your time nothing is going to change before you get back!
I think any online doc is going to be all "CYA" otherwise they would get sued big time.. same thing with google. My dd pediatrician told me Google has to tell you the worse case scenario otherwise if your googled symptoms of "sore fingernail after slamming it in the door " turns out to be melanoma you can't sue.
So I'd say you really need to try to relax for baby!!
Sore armpits , even unilateral, can and often are completely normal feelings in pregnancy.
It's just that no one on line (even an online dr ) can not guarantee you that it's completely fine!!
I think you should really try to relax, especially for baby. And remember it's likely a very normal thing and nothing will change in a weeks time!!!

Thanks guys. Pinkpassion I know there is no point to worry and it probably is a normal pregnancy thing, but I have anxiety issues and I can't keep it under control :((( UGHHH
The pain is essentially nonexistant at this point.. I should take that as a good sign right? I really hope its nothing and I wish I could get reassurance before I go on this trip.

Very far fetched and a bit unprofessional to mention cancer without any thorough testing.
I had pain under my armpits, thougg milder and it was swollen milk ducts. I have seen other mothers complain about it and it was a swollen lymph node because the body went through an undetected infection....nothing crazy. At La Leche League Meet Ups many newly breastfeeding mothers complain about this type of pain that is how I know it can be ducts or lymph nodes.

Pregnancy also regenerates and rejuvenates the body. Should there be a hint of cancer (abnormal, mutated cells) chances are the body takes care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->