Ladies please help!!!!

i did call the nurseline - they don't let you speak directly with the dr's nurse, only give them the message to give to the dr - and she said dr's notes say all is normal and nurse sent letter in the mail. got the letter today and it says all my tests are normal, no further evaluation ordered. i don't think i'm gonna call and request it. i feel pretty stupid. the dr already thinks i'm another crazy TTC'er for insisting on those tests. i suppose if my cycle still looks short and out of whack i will call next month and request it.

This may seem like a silly question, but if your insurance won't pay for anything, why do you need a referral to an RE? I have seen 3 RE's so far and with each one just called to make an appointment.

Also, you might want to look into antibiotic treatment. That's what we are going through right now. After 9 years of infertility treatment, not one doctor had brought this up. I started reasearching online after my new RE mentioned it, and was absolutely shocked. It turns out that bacteria (most of them can't be found by testing) is the cause of around 40% of secondary infertility. This is our first month trying after the antiobiotics and for the first time in a long time....i have hope!

Good luck ladies!

Amy

i looked online and the closest RE is about an hours drive away. i'm not ready to do that yet. the expense will be much higher. the bacterial info is interesting. shouldn't be an issue in my case cause i had to rounds of antibiotics for bacterial infection last may.

I felt the same way about going to see an RE at first. I made an appointment one year and cancelled it. Now I am kicking myself that I did not go earlier. My RE is only about 15 miles away but it takes me usually 45 minutes to get there, but it is worth it cause they take me seriously. Also, I was thinking is there anyway to get progesterone w/o a prescription? Like do you need a prescription for the cream?

i have already ordered the cream. it won't do much as it's not nearly as strong as a prescription, but worth a shot.

This may seem like a silly question, but if your insurance won't pay for anything, why do you need a referral to an RE? I have seen 3 RE's so far and with each one just called to make an appointment.

Also, you might want to look into antibiotic treatment. That's what we are going through right now. After 9 years of infertility treatment, not one doctor had brought this up. I started reasearching online after my new RE mentioned it, and was absolutely shocked. It turns out that bacteria (most of them can't be found by testing) is the cause of around 40% of secondary infertility. This is our first month trying after the antiobiotics and for the first time in a long time....i have hope!

Good luck ladies!

Amy

Lots of baby dust to you!

This is our first month TTC since we have completed all our testing so I am hopeful but nervous. I should know by Friday if I am pregnant.

Good luck ladies!

Amy

i looked online and the closest RE is about an hours drive away. i'm not ready to do that yet. the expense will be much higher. the bacterial info is interesting. shouldn't be an issue in my case cause i had to rounds of antibiotics for bacterial infection last may.

I felt the same way about going to see an RE at first. I made an appointment one year and cancelled it. Now I am kicking myself that I did not go earlier. My RE is only about 15 miles away but it takes me usually 45 minutes to get there, but it is worth it cause they take me seriously. Also, I was thinking is there anyway to get progesterone w/o a prescription? Like do you need a prescription for the cream?

i have already ordered the cream. it won't do much as it's not nearly as strong as a prescription, but worth a shot.

Glad you were able to get the cream! I am also on extra folic acid and low dose aspirin, maybe those can help too if you aren't on them already.

Good luck ladies!

Amy

Lots of baby dust to you!

This is our first month TTC since we have completed all our testing so I am hopeful but nervous. I should know by Friday if I am pregnant.

FX this is the end of your TTC and the start of your baby journey!

Good luck ladies!

Amy

Glad you were able to get the cream! I am also on extra folic acid and low dose aspirin, maybe those can help too if you aren't on them already.
doing the folic acid. bought the low dose aspiring, but too scared to take it w/o dr's permission. i'm sure i'll end up doing it in a few months. i'm just coming off a chemical so wanting to let my body naturally regulate itself again right now.

Good luck ladies!

Amy

doing the folic acid. bought the low dose aspiring, but too scared to take it w/o dr's permission. i'm sure i'll end up doing it in a few months. i'm just coming off a chemical so wanting to let my body naturally regulate itself again right now.

I'm very sorry for your loss!

thanks. the next one is gonna be a sticky bean for us both. :)

thanks. the next one is gonna be a sticky bean for us both. :)

Yes, I like that attitude!

Do you ever go in TTCAL? I was just in there and there is a thread of a lady who is a fertility therapist and she was saying how charting was a must for women who have had loses but not enough to warrent the testings.

yes i do from time to time. is it a recent thread? i'd like to read what she says! i'm always wondering if i'm reading too much into my chart or not. i seem to have temps that fluctuate more than most and my LP temps don't go really high above my FP temps. i have always wondered if this was normal or not.

yes i do from time to time. is it a recent thread? i'd like to read what she says! i'm always wondering if i'm reading too much into my chart or not. i seem to have temps that fluctuate more than most and my LP temps don't go really high above my FP temps. i have always wondered if this was normal or not.

I think her screen name is JaneJohnson on there and she was looking at other people's chart. I asked her a question but did not hear back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->