Ladies who already have their babies....

glitterbug

Mum with growing tum
Reaction score
How much did you/do you use the car seat on your pram chassis?

I am trying to make the final choices about the system I want, but it is between 2, one which has adaptors for the car seat at £12, and the other £30. The one I actually want is the second one, but I don't know if the extra expense will be worth while - being a first time parent I really don't know if this is just a gimmick, or whether it really is useful to be able to clip the car seat on....

Any help or advice would be appreciated as I really need to order this now my due date is creeping up on me!!!

Thank you in advance!

I cant believe you have to buy separate things to sit the carseat onto your pram!!! Surely thats the whole point of a travel system.

If the one you want is the £30 extra then get that - its not much of difference - but surely there are many differences in the actual prams themselves - and not just the fact that the adaptors cost different prices?

Well it's not that so much, it's just that the most suitable car seat for OH's and my car was the Maxicosi Cabriofix and the pram I want is a Teutonia Fun system. To get the car seat to fit, you need to buy adaptors for it, but the actual pram itself is already quite expensive when you include all the little extras. I just didn't want to pay extra for the adaptors, just to fit the car seat onto if it was unlikely I would ever use it in this way if you see what i mean.

I don't use my pram with a car seat as the car seat that's compatible with the pram is a heavy one... I prefer my lightweight cheapy mothercare seat! Just thought I'd say that my LO hates being in her car seat - she prefers to lie flat in the pram or sit upright and always has done since birth, so you might not end up using the seat on the pram at all. If I were you, I'd go for the pram you prefer and only buy the adapters when you've seen if LO likes the car seat and if it causes you hassle not having the option to clip it on. You could look on ebay etc for second hand adapters too.

I don't use my pram with a car seat as the car seat that's compatible with the pram is a heavy one... I prefer my lightweight cheapy mothercare seat! Just thought I'd say that my LO hates being in her car seat - she prefers to lie flat in the pram or sit upright and always has done since birth, so you might not end up using the seat on the pram at all. If I were you, I'd go for the pram you prefer and only buy the adapters when you've seen if LO likes the car seat and if it causes you hassle not having the option to clip it on. You could look on ebay etc for second hand adapters too.

Thank you very much for your response!! I decided to call the company who makes the pram and they have said they will always have stock as they believe this particular pram is getting more popular, so I can always buy them later on. I appreciate you sharing though as it hadn't occured to me that there is a chance bubs won't like it in there!!! :dohh:xxx

We have the Quinny buzz and tbh have up till now only used the actual pram part of the travel system twice, it is so convenient to be able to leave your baby in the car seat (maxi cosi for us) and put it onto the chassis - no messing around getting them in and out especially since they always fall asleep in the car, I will really miss it - we have just bought a new car seat for Myles cos he is too big for the maxi cosi now :( Oh incidentally if you get an easy base or isofix they are fantastic!

they are amazingly useful when you are just nipping into a shop or something, just pop the carseat onto the base and off you go! I would definitely recommend them, but I have the quinny and maxi-cosi as well and I think its a real dream combo! I just use the rest of the pram for walking, proper shopping etc!

I have the Quinny Buzz too, and to be honest, I've barely used the carseat on the chassis since Emily was a few weeks old. Once she hit 10lbs, I had great difficulty lifting her and the seat onto the frame and making sure it was slotted in right and then getting the carseat off the frame again to put her back in the car. Mostly because I'm quite short and I suffer with sciatica a lot. I find it a lot easier just to lift her out the seat and put her in the carrycot bit, which for some reason I have no difficulty putting on the frame!

Thanks ladies. I can see what you mean about the ease of it all. I am just about to go and buy the easifix base for the car seat but have decided to wait and see how I go without the adaptors before I buy them for the pram.
Many thanks for your responses though, it always helps if you can make an informed decision and I am clueless!!!

I have the Quinny Buzz too, and to be honest, I've barely used the carseat on the chassis since Emily was a few weeks old. Once she hit 10lbs, I had great difficulty lifting her and the seat onto the frame and making sure it was slotted in right and then getting the carseat off the frame again to put her back in the car. Mostly because I'm quite short and I suffer with sciatica a lot. I find it a lot easier just to lift her out the seat and put her in the carrycot bit, which for some reason I have no difficulty putting on the frame!

I too have the Buzz & agree with your comments. I find it really difficult to press both buttons & lift the car seat off at the same time. I prefer the carrycot as its much comfier for baby & they can lie flat. Other than this I love the Buzz, easy to push etc.

Car seat on chassis is handy when baby is asleep so you don't have to disturb them. Also I used mine quite abit with all this freezing weather!! I can just keep Seb snug & warm rather than transerring him to his pram.

We have the Quinny buzz and tbh have up till now only used the actual pram part of the travel system twice, it is so convenient to be able to leave your baby in the car seat (maxi cosi for us) and put it onto the chassis - no messing around getting them in and out especially since they always fall asleep in the car, I will really miss it - we have just bought a new car seat for Myles cos he is too big for the maxi cosi now :( Oh incidentally if you get an easy base or isofix they are fantastic!

We do exactly the same as gocarlilly. We only use the pram part if we're going for a walk from home, otherwise we just clip the car seat onto the quinny buzz base and take him in that.

I did, but I had a Jane slalom pro Matrix cup so the carseat was also the carrycot. I imagine it is a very useful feature as long as you don't have the most impractical carseat ever..which is in my opinion, The matrix cup. It was always a pain to fasten in the car.

I use mine all the time, its especially useful if LO is asleep (which he often is in the car) and I just pop him on the chassis, pop in a shop and then back to the car, he doesnt even notice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->