Ladies who have a LO...

xLisax

Max & Evies Mummy :)
Reaction score
How will you make sure that your other LO/s don't feel left out or jealous when new baby arrives?

I'm just worried that with all the visitors etc you get when a newborn is around, that little Max will get overlooked? :(

OH and I have already decided that we will be buying a 'big brother' present from the new baby.. but is there anything else that may help with the transition of going from only child to big brother? :shrug:

:hugs:

I've been wondering this too - we don't have family near us, so maybe it won't be quite as big an issue for our family.

I think a present from the baby to the big sister/big brother is a great idea, and it's something we'll definitely do.

Other than that, I'm not quite sure how to go about making sure Alyssa doesn't feel left out when a sister or brother arrives. We're fortunate in that for the whole of my maternity leave there will be both me and OH at home, as he's a stay-at-home dad, so there shouldn't be too much competition for parental attention.... guess it's something we'll have to give more thought to before the time comes!

Maybe im lucky but I havent had any jealousy issues around having a new baby with my other kids:wacko:
My eldest has each time been sooooo excited (and still is) and my son just isnt bothered:dohh: We did get them toys from the new baby but they never really associated them with Anja-Jo.

Id say just relax about it and dont make an issue, you'll find that kids just go with the flow and as for visitors, they will probably be extra keen to pay more attention to older kids to prevent jealousy. Also toddlers dont let themselves be left out new baby or otherwise:haha:

I just made sure jack was involved with the baby, like bath times, helping me get the nappies wipes etc to change babys bum, i also got him a present from baby aswell and he was never felt left out or played up or anythin, he was really good :)

but if you can also try and get one to one with the older child aswell :)

good luck x

I think by the time I have #2 Connor will be able to understand a bit so he won't be too upset. I''m sure he will have his moments but all kids do. I'll have a big helper basket for Connor with things for the baby in it (diapers, wipes, pacifier) that way when he wants to help he can grab something out of his special basket. They say it's really good to keep the older child involved because you will have to spend lots of time tending to the younger one. I will also have mommy/Connor time. I'll have my husband watch the baby and take Connor out for ice cream or to the park at least twice a month.

Thank You all ladies! Im glad to hear that no-ones really had much trouble with it! :thumbup:

I think Im just worrying for nothing :blush: Getting Max to help with baby jobs sounds like a fab idea! I'll definitely be doing that!!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"