ladies who have had a home birth, hospital bag????

karla1

proud mummy of 1
Reaction score
hello ladies :flower:

i am planning on having a home birth but was wondering should i still pack a hospital bag? and if so what should i put in it as if it do get taken to hospital i assume it would be because of complications therefore i would be in longer than normal so would i need to pack more?:shrug:

or would i need less stuff as i have laboured longer at home and only gone in to give birth then home again?

this is getting me very confussed (not that it takes much at the moment:haha:)

i had a standby bag for transfer with a change of clothes and pads for me 2 sets of clothes for baby and nappies etc..... no " labour " bits as i expected id be using them in labour at home lol, we transfered post birth for weighing as there was no MW present at his birth and just grabbed a change of bottoms /pad for me and change of nappy and babygrow (incase he peed on it ) for AJ as i knew they would want to check my tear at the hospital but i had already had a shower and cleaned up before we went up

I didn't pack one. I had a hospital birth with ds1 and had 2 bags packed for that and I never even brought them up from the car. Everything I needed for a hospital stay with ds1 was provided for me (gown, panties, shampoo, etc). So I didn't bother with my homebirth.

im planning to pack one just in case but havnt even thought about wat to pack yet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->