Ladies who have had an amniotic leak?

CassieSims

Reaction score
Okay! I'm pretty sure my waters are leaking, if I get up after sitting it feels like I started my period, not a trickle down my leg type thing, but enough to make me go to the bathroom and wipe. It's colorless, and odorless, and when I lie down in certain positions I feel the sensation again, it's like a wet period. A mini spurt of fluid like when you sneeze on your period. The consistency is very watery, not like cervical lotion or anything.

I have a doctors appointment in the morning (how convenient!) so I'm going to just wait until then to get checked out, but does any of this sound promising?!

I think you should go to L&D and get checked becuase if it is your waters you don't want to wait and risk infection for you and the baby

I'd go to l+d too they only usually like you to be left 24 hours after your waters have broken as risk of infection is higher, they will also check baby make sure she's still happy in there x

Hi, just wondering what happened at your doctor's appointment this morning? I have had the same thing going on since last night. I actually initially blew my nose and had a "gush" like during your period and now it has continued through to today.

My doctor was angry I didn't call! Oops! She said the fluid levels were okay, and she didn't find any fluid in my vagina but she thinks the baby's head is acting like a cork. The baby was also quiet today, not moving much, so they did an NST and aren't super pleased with the results but she was moving, so not super unhappy either... Also my feet were swollen and a bad color today, and she asked me if I've been seeing any spots, to which I thought, uh yeah?, soo now they are concerned I might have pre eclampsia as my blood pressure was slightly elevated as well. I'll find out the results tonight.

My advice to anyone googling this question, CALL AND GO IN. YOUR DOCTOR INSISTS ON IT.

Glad everything is ok for now, hopefully they'll keep a close eye on you. I'm like you though, just would have waited till my appt too. Oops

I am glad your appointment when okay as well! I am always afraid of being all worried and then nothing being wrong, I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. I am preggo with twins, so I guess when my Hubby gets home from work, we will take a trip to the hospital as well to check on things.

Definately get checked out. I was having the same 'wetness' for a few days and then suddenly waters broke completely at 31 weeks. AF is still measuring normal despite losing so much the night of the rupture. If youre less than 34 weeks they'll want to give you steriods and antibiotics and probably bedrest. I'm on hospital bedrest now until 34 weeks (33w2d today) when they will put me on an induction list. Apparently after 34 weeks baby is better off out than in where theres a risk of infection. Can't help but wonder if i was checked earlier could i have avoided the complete rupture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->