ladies who have had bloods done for ttc PLZ HELP

genesismarie

Reaction score
ladies can you please tell me how this works?
what are they looking for? or
what should i tell doc to look for?
is there a certain cd i should ask to be tested on?
im curently on cd 1 so if im going to get this testing done now would be a good time to start asking my doc questions about it. i had bloods done before way early in ttc right after getting off depo provera couldnt remember the results so just call gyno office for them to look them up and give me a call back and explain what i was tested for and the results. i got a new great gyno so just want to be preapred when i see her again on march 13th with all my concerns about ttc. but i dont really know where to start or what to ask for.
please help ladies

There are typically two sets of labs done to look at infertility problems. Day 3 tests would look at FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), estradiol, AMH (antimullarien hormone). Basically, these are done to look at how many eggs are left in your ovaries. CD21 tests would look at estradiol and progesterone. These are done to see if you have ovulated during the current cycle. Keep in mind that although these are called CD21 labs they really need to be done 7 days after you ovulate (21 days is just a textbook cycle).
You can google CD3 and CD21 labs and get tons of info.

Good luck!

There are typically two sets of labs done to look at infertility problems. Day 3 tests would look at FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), estradiol, AMH (antimullarien hormone). Basically, these are done to look at how many eggs are left in your ovaries. CD21 tests would look at estradiol and progesterone. These are done to see if you have ovulated during the current cycle. Keep in mind that although these are called CD21 labs they really need to be done 7 days after you ovulate (21 days is just a textbook cycle).
You can google CD3 and CD21 labs and get tons of info.

Good luck!

for the 21 day labs should I be tempting? ask I am not now and not a hundred percent sure when I ovulate. my cycles range 26 days-31 days

If you are ttc then you will definitely want to know when you are ovulating. Temping is fine for timing the blood tests but temping only tells you that you ovulated the prior day. This isn't so useful for ttc because your most fertile days are one and two days before you ovulate. I suggest getting some OPKs (ovulation predictor kits). You can buy cheap strips on Amazon. I just bought more yesterday and paid $20 for 50 of them. It's like a pregnancy test but instead of measuring pregnancy hormone (HCG) it measure the hormone that surges to cause ovulation (LH). when you get a positive test you will ovulate about 24 hours later. read the instructions on the strips before you use them, they take a little getting used to to interpret them. If you aren't sure just post a pic in the forum and the ladies will tell you if it's positive.

For you I would start using the strips around day 10 and expect a positive somewhere around day 14. Seems like you have a very average length cycle.

yes trying to tempt has been hard for me due to really irregular waking time and using my phone alarm clock just isn't loud enough I guess because most days I sleep right through it going off. may get some amazon cheapie opks on Friday. im currently cd 1. may tempt but I swear its been such a hassle. might invest in an old school digital alarm clock lol whatever works I guess

I don't temp. I think it's too much hassle too and the one time I did try my temps were all over the place. :)

I think I will give it three cycles with my hardest effort starting this cycle. Then I will have something to bring to gyno. I guess there is really no other way to know

Yes! I suggest keeping a notebook with notes about your cycle. When did your period start? when did you O? Did you have cervical mucus? Those types of things. It will help your Dr. down the line.

Great suggestion. I guess I just didn't want to put so much into ttc but I'm starting to think my first was pure luck hahaha

I just had my CD 21 - Progesterone test done (to see if I ovulated)
I had to do it CD22 because day 21 was a sunday. Mine came back good with
high levels showing I did ovulate.

My doc didn't suggest temping until after I had this done.

Also i've been ttc for 3 years the most important test I have had done is
an HSG test they insert dye into your uterus and fill your tube's to see
for blockages & also they can see if you have polyps etc.

Mine was huge help & let to a polyp being removed by surgery in dec

There is a phone app called period tracker, it tell your (guessed) fertile days, you can put when you start/stop your period and you can insert your symptom's daily!

I've started seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist and he told me I didn't need to bother temping, which is good because I never did it. Granted I'm getting ultrasounds I've also been using opks for months and I surge naturally on my own. If you get a progesterone level drawn that's a much better confirmation of ovulation and frankly less of a hassle

Also u have previous children, after 18 months of unsuccessful ttc I had an HSG done that showed both tubes were blocked, I wish I'd had it done sooner as it seems like such a waste of time and emotion after the fact to discover you literally couldn't get pregnant, and it was an easy fix!

Yes HSG I wish I would have done mine sooner also, because it gave anwers which I had none prior too!

Got a call back from gyno office apparently they already did a blood work up way back in February of last year. They did it on a random cycle day though. They said they will have my gyno call me back to explain what I was tested for and explain results as well as mail me a copy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->