Ladies with experience with membrane sweeps.

BeckyBoo

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Helloooo,

Well they were prepared to induce me this pregnancy because of my hip pain due to arthritis. But as each week edged closer, I kept going.

At 37 weeks, I asked for a membrane sweep (turned down medical induction). My cervix was hard and closed, so didn't happen.

I had one there last friday at exactly 39 weeks. Cervix was thin, soft and 2cm (Turned down popping of waters). The doctor raved about my cervix, couldn't sing it's praises enough and made a few comments that I wouldn't see monday without my baby. Well here I am. About 78 hours since my sweep.

If I don't go by the 18th (my due date) they're going to induce me/pop my waters because I have bigger babies (8lb 2oz and 7lb 11oz) and they're worried about my inflammed hips that I'll be-able to give birth naturally and don't want it ending in a section.

But I would LOVE to go naturally and have a quicker labour.

Only experience I have with a membrane sweep was with my daughter, but she came 2 days after it.

I'm still getting jelly like discharge with pink/red. Is this a good sign that it's still coming away?

Did you go over the 48 hours after a membrane sweep and by how far?

I had two with my first son that didnt work and was induced, with my second son I had a sweep and went in to labour over 4 days later at 40 + 10.

With DD my sweep was workng within a few hours.

Had my first sweep at 40 weeks on my due date. Cervix was favourable but hadn't started thinning, was still firm and was about 1 cm dilated. Around 10 mins afterwards I had some sharp period like pains and after walking around a shopping centre for about 20 mins I had to go to the loo where I had a lot of jellyish blood stained mucus, had strong BH that lasted a couple of hours then nothing. that was 5 days ago now and although I've had sporadic discharge nothing has shifted. Got another one scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully my cervix will be more favourable again and it will really get things going this time!! Good luck xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->