Ladies with PCOS how do you handle...

ByHisGrace08

Waiting to be family of 3
Reaction score
the facial hair!!! I am currently getting waxed every 3 weeks and it stinks! Is there anything I can do to make it go away!! I used Nair for years but it was starting to ruin my skin and I was worried about cancer so I switched to waxing and while it works it is painful!!! I would be so grateful for any tips!!

Blessings & Babydust,

I only have lip hair and I used to pluck but then it got too hairy to stay on top of it. I had a horrying and very obvious reaction to waxing- NEVER AGAIN. I use the nair cream now, and I am concerned about the chemicals but my moustache is so obvious (and I'm a dark haired Greek woman) I feel like 10 mins a week is worth it. I use the sensitive one- fragrance free, and will pluck any stragglers. I tried the regular nair once and it was like acid on my skin. The mild, hypoallergenic one is much softer and I apply it as sparingly as I can, and be sure to time how long I've left it on. When I left it too long a few times, it started to burn and my skin was red for a while after.

Once I got pregnant I only used it 5 mins at a time maybe 3 times as I didn't want it to hurt the baby, and I've since found my lip hair and eyebrows have pretty much stopped growing (meanwhile my stomach looks like a gorilla now :lol:). This has been a surprising and welcome change after years of dealing with it. As a result I now only need to pluck maybe 5 lip hairs every fortnight. It's awesome.

I hope you get this when you get pregnant. Most women seem to have more hair growth but not me. Wonder if it has to do with PCOS...? Anyway, I'm not sure what other advice to offer.

I know there's threading, but I've never tried that. Lots of people love it.

Thank you! I so hope when I finally get pregnant I don't have to deal with this anymore! I have heard of threading maybe ill look into it!

Blessings,

BHG

Have I tried metformin? Its meant to help with the hair growth. I'm on 500mg and noticed my leg hair etc isn't growing quite as fast. I just wax my tash only takes literally 2 mins and lasts about 3 weeks.

When I was pregnant I got a lot of long blonde hairs on my stomach and they are still there and he will be 2 in November lol! Every woman's different though

Gl xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"