Lame prenatal appointment

Mama2Aston

Reaction score
So , I just turned 15 weeks Friday or so . I had an appointment Thursday . I'm just going to this clinic till my insurance switches to a bit nicer one since it's hard to find doctors and all w my lame one . I go through the usual papers they give and form filling and stat check w bp and all and find I have to schedule a ultrasound for another day at a hospital like 30-40 min from me and for now can do Doppler check . Well my doctor comes in and says will you freak if I don't find it ? And said I'm going to press and feel for your uterus and if I don't I won't do a Doppler check ... She says yeah I don't u must be earlier on .... Uh I'm not earlier than 14 weeks 6 days (the day I went )... And she argued w me and did this witchy attitude and body language bit and said its possible and I'm all uh my lmp first day was Jan 15.... How the heck can I secretly be magically way earlier then I thought ...? Plus I felt the pressure feel in my uterus area when she pressed .. It firms up some if my bladders full ... I got a scan elsewhere at nearly 11 weeks and saw baby and movement on scan and Heart beat ... Should I worry ?

I wouldn't freak about it. Some might act that way to be extra cautious. My Dr couldn't find hb at 12 weeks and sent me for ultrasound (in office) of course I freaked since last pregnancy was a miscarriage. Obviously the Dr you saw needs to work on her interpersonal skills. That is no way to treat a patient.

Fundal height measurements are not really indicative of anything nor do they account for variations in torso/leg ratios, muscular tone, # of births etc. Try not to worry until your US, have you begun to feel movements?

Sorry that lady was so rude!

That's so annoying!!! I bet she was just in a rush , at 14/15 weeks you should hear it no problem ! Sometimes baby hides but still she would have found if she took a few minutesit ! My OB did mine at 10 weeks !
I even found my babies at 8 weeks at home (I have a Doppler).

I would have been so mad ! She doesn't sound like she's very personable at all!

My OB doesn't even do fundal measurements until after 20 weeks

that's just plain rude ... some people are not called to be in a certain profession ...

she should've checked you properly and made sure she makes you feel happy and secured ...

my one GP was like that ... even told me he studied to become a doctor and knows better than me ... I changed doctors since ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->