Laparoscopic surgery...when can I expect bowel activity?

Glad you are feeling better. Dont regret having it out, once all the aching has gone away and you can start eating properly you will feel like its the best desicion you ever made!

I had a mini attack 2 months after having mine out and was so upset that i'd had the surgery only to have attacks still, but *touch wood* i've been fine since then - 10 months ago :thumbup:

I occassionally get a mild discomfort around the gallbladder area when AF is due which i find weird, but its nothing compared to an attack.

Hope you continue to feel better and can enjoy a yummy Christmas dinner :flower:

Interesting, my AF just arrived today!

Thanks very much for your reply. Still achy on and off but not too bad. No need for any pain meds now which is great.

Still getting attacks! More painful than ever. I can't eat and am losing about 300 grams a day (that part is good). I called and spoke to the nurse at the doctors office and the cow said "what do you expect us to do about it?". They close tomorrow and the next available appointment is Jan 6th.

OUCH OUCH OUCH

I would try to get into an emergency care center soon. Something might be very wrong. That nurse should be fired. Some people lack common sense and I think she is one of those people. Hope you feel better soon.

Still getting attacks! More painful than ever. I can't eat and am losing about 300 grams a day (that part is good). I called and spoke to the nurse at the doctors office and the cow said "what do you expect us to do about it?". They close tomorrow and the next available appointment is Jan 6th.

OUCH OUCH OUCH
You may still have a stone stuck in the duct. My surgeon was careful to check and told me they would have to open me if they found one. Luckily they didn't but if there's one there it will cause issues until it passes (which it should do eventually).

The pain is more in the pancreas region, but the same sort of pain. I think there is still a stone in there. It'll just have to stay put, we are off on a road trip today. 3:44am now, sigh.

Thanks for the input!

Get to hospital, you could have a stone in the duct, but you also could have pancreatitis.

I'm just waiting on my MIL to wake up (called and no answer) so I can go to hospital. Started vomiting now. Great, I've ruined Christmas.

I can't get hold of anyone to take the kids and drive me there. I think I took too much paracetamol, the vomit is all white foam. Should I drink lots of water?

If you think you took much then please call an ambulance. You should probably call one anyway if you're in pain and vomiting and no one can take you. They'll take the kids along in the ambulance too.

I'm ok! I OD on panadol. Had my stomach pumped and was fine to go to my families for Xmas. I have an ultrasound to check for any stones floating around in 2 weeks time.

I took 8 panadol at once. Please, no one else ever do that! The pain is horrendous. I didn't actually know ou could OD on such a mild drug so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->