laparoscopy and dye test question

DanielleTTC

Reaction score
Hey I'm having my laparoscopy and dye test done on the 28th I was wondering how it was for you? and what happened after, how long it you bleed for was it painful did the pain last long? And any one conceive after having this done?! Thanks x

Hi. Didnt want to read and run.
I have had two laps for my ectopics and i bled for around 2 days lightly. I had a dye test done whilst awake an i didnt bleed at all just had period pain style cramps after that. It may differ slightly as you are having both procedures done together but i doubt it. Best of luck and im sure u will be fine xxx

Good Luck Danielle, I am having a Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy done in December, Let me know how you get on, I am very interested to know these things too. Fingers Crossed it get you non the right track to your BFP xx

Hi Ladies - I had a lap & dye done in July. I was "tender" for a few days but nothing unbearable and then when the gas started to dissipate and moved around into my shoulders that was uncomfortable but nothing that is unmanageable.

I didn't bleed right away but started spotting about 4 days later and then AF showed up in full force a few days after that.

Recovery may also be longer if you have endo removed etc. I had three very small patches on my left ovary removed that were grade 1. Recovery might be longer if I had more extensive endometriosis.

All in all I was very worked up for the procedure and it was a piece of cake! Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me.

I am also scheduled for dye test on dec 8 and i have a clue what to expect.has anyone had a hydrotubation done?

What is hydrotubation?

I had lap and dye at the strat of Nov. I had 2 weeks off work as I have a physical job. I was sore and tender and badly bruised for a bout 4 days after it. Endo was found and removed (only 2 small bits). I had slight spotting for a couple of days and Af arrived at her normal time. I found myself to be incredibly emotional for the two weeks after it and was crying at lots of things. I would ask that if they find endo they remove it while you are having it done. Otherwise (NHS) it is just classed as diagnostic and they leave it for another time. I also had dye test which showed 1 tube blocked (possibly spasm)I would ask in advance whether or not they can insert something to inblock it (there are procedures available) rather than just trying to push dye thru. xx

Thanks girls so I take it they go through the tummy then?

Good Luck Danielle your is tomorrow how exciting/scarey mine is next week, Let us all know how it goes as soon as you feel up to it, I hope it goes well for you xx

Cooch how were you from the anaesthetic?

The anesthetic is nothing to worry about. It was the coming round from the op that was horrible- the pain relief had worn off. I had 3 shots of morphine before it kicked in, they also had to heat me up- think I was frozen due to the shock of the pain. Anyway they put a fab plastic blanket on me that inflates with air- magic!!!

I would ask a lot of questions to the surgeon before the op- as after it you feel slightly drunk, lol.

Thanks girls so I take it they go through the tummy then?

Good luck. Expect stitches in your belly button and just above pubic bone and possibly bruising and swelling- its normal. Oh and if they give you co codamol it makes you constipated. TBH the pain subsides greatly on the 2nd/3rd day and you cpuld move onto paracetamol. But definitely say to the surgeon before the op that if the find endo can they try and remove it there and then. Otherwise they won't touch it and you may need to have another lap to have it dealt with. xx

Hi Danielle I hope all went well with your op? Wishing you a speedy recovery :) x

yep me too. Hope you get some positive news that can help you get your BFP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->