Laparoscopy, nervous! Any advice???

Bettyt63

2 beautiful babies
Reaction score
Hi ladies.... I wonder if anyone can give me some advice?

I recently had a scan performed by my gyne consultant where he discovered that my right ovary was distorted with 2 large endometrioma cysts and the ovary attached to my uterus. He also said my bladder was not functioning properly and that the bladder wall was irregular. Possible endometriosis in the bladder? I've been told that I may lose my right ovary :(

I am now booked in for a laparoscopy to remove the cysts and a cystoscopy to look into my bladder.
Anyone had this and can give me any advice on preparing for this? I'm very nervous as I've never had an operation before. Thanks :)

Hi! I am getting a lap done in a few weeks. Just wondering how yours went? Did everything go ok?

Hi ready4it, have you had your laparoscopy yet?? If so how did it go?
I have mine in two weeks as I had to cancel my first app.... :)

Hi Betty

Just seen this post, I'm new to this forum but I thought I would write in your post lol. I have had two laparoscopies in the past, first one I ended up having my appendix took out and the second was to look at scar tissue around my womb. Abit different to why you are having yours but I just wanted to reassure you. The worse part for me was the worry and stress before. I was back to my old self after a few weeks rest and tlc ;)

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you!

Hi Rach and thank you for responding.... I am a little bit (well a lot!) nervous but like you said, the worry and stress is probably worse than the actual procedure!!! I'm taking 2 weeks off work and hoping that's going to be enough, only time will tell :)

Hey bettyt63. I had this procedure done and had my tubes flushed during surgery too. Mine was okay. I had a had time the first week. I only took 3 days off work...wish I had taken the week though. 2 weeks you should be fine. It was nice to have someone home with me the 1st 2 days to help me out. You'll do fine! And it will be nice to have more answers and a plan in place!

I had a lap done two weeks ago (9/26) and it honestly wasn't that bad. They removed a large cyst on my right side (and part of the ovary) and a fibroid on my left. I was so nervous but was well prepared (probably over prepared) for it. My best advice is to keep up on the pain meds, wear loose clothing without waistbands, and rest. Rest, even when you think you're being too lazy. I'm taking three weeks off but honestly two weeks would have been enough. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. :thumbup:

Hi ladies - I also had my lap with hysteroscopy done recently on 9/25. I had a polyp, minimal Endo removed ant cyst. The procedure was 2hrs. Def have someone for first 2 days you will be in pain meds do help. It gets better each day if course. I took a week but should have done 2.
Rest is gonna be your best friend during the recovery period. GL to the ladies who have their up coming procedures! GL T to everyone trying to conceive!

Thank you all for replying.... I'm still nervous but speaking to others that have had it done makes me feel so much better... Guess I'm just going to take it easy and rest for the 2 weeks I have booked off work.... That's going to be hard as I'm always running around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->