Laptop

Iwantone!!!

Reaction score
can anyone recommend ago laptop i want a dell onebut there is so many dont know which one to chose

I got an acer travelmate 4060 which is pretty good. Not Dell but still its good.

inobut i dont know what iwant in it forspecs fu no what imean

Im using a Dell at the mo, but have just had an HP one delivered to replace it. I think Dell are good reputable machines but they dont have anything what I would call exciting. You get the inspiron range which are the cheap and chearfull home use ones, or the latitude business range which are very powerfull well built machines, that a lot of people I know in the computer industry swear by. Plus unlike most laptops which just come with a 1 year guarantee if you buy a Latitude from a Dell outlet they normally come with a 3 year warrenty, which just goes to show how much faith they have in their machines.

On the other hand like I say with Dell they are boring, but it depends what you want it to do, I like the 'entertainment' laptops which you see more of, with wide screens, built in webcams so you can video call with your MSN contacts, built in digital freeview TV, dvd writers, card readers, so you can pop your digital camera or mobile phone cards in etc for downloading stuff etc. So its worth looking at what sort of features like this you would like.

PC World have a reasonable Compaq for £399 at the mo. Good value for money, includes Vista Pro!

The more you want from a laptop the more it costs.

Decide what's important to you and get the cheapest one which does the job.

I use DELL for work, and they are quite good, but I got Tam an Inspiron which was Big, Bulky, Heavy, and quite naff, now knackered and expensive to get repaired. If ur after a Dell buy a Latitude. Get as much RAM as you can afford.

Paul

If money is of no importance you could always go for a dell XPS lappy its the bee's knees of the range

https://www.xbitlabs.com/images/news/2006-04/dell_xps_m1710.jpg

Mines compaq ...

Widescreen DVD, CD re-writer etc really good lappy!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"