Large aorta

Medzi

Reaction score
We had our detailed ultrasound on Feb 6. They were spending a lot of time looking at baby's heart and after it was over, they told me they were sending us to get a fetal echocardiogram to have a closer look. The doctor said the baby had a large aorta... when I asked what that meant, he said it could mean to much blood being pumped one way and not the other, valves may not be working properly, etc. Honestly, I missed a lot of what he said...

When we were talking about it, he did make it sound like the fetal echo was just to have a closer look...and that if he felt it was something really serious we would be having a different conversation. Still - I can't help but feel worried.

I've been ok the past week, but the echo is scheduled for Wednesday morning and I find the closer it gets, the more anxious I am getting and I'm so worried they will tell me there is something major going on.

Anyone had any experience with hearing this news? Or even getting a fetal echo? I don't know what to expect. I also have to go by myself as we cannot find anyone to watch our 1 year old and he is way to active and busy to bring to the appointment so DH will be staying home with him. That makes me even more nervous because I would like him there in case the news is bad...

I had a fetal echo in my first pregnancy and it was quite a simple procedure. Just like a normal scan only colours will flash on the screen, the lady told me she won't talk at all through it but will tell me in detail after the scan, it was very odd sitting there in silence :haha: Afterward, she took us through to a little room where we sat for a few minutes and then she came and gave us the news. Luckily, it was as normal as can be (they can't guarentee 100% all is fine).

I can't give you any info on an enlarged aorta as unfortunatley I had to have one due to suspected chromosome issues. Nothing anyone will say can make you less nervous unfortunatley, I do think if it makes you really bad you should go see your doctor though. I ended up having a small dose of tamazapam during the time of all my testing to have when the nerves took over.

Thank you :) It is early tomorrow morning, so not much longer to wait… 16 hours…

Glad all showed normal for you!

Hope it all went ok medzi, been thinking of you today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->