LARGE baby showers - help!!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Hi girls. I don't mean to make myself sound selfish or anything, I am certainly not inviting all of these people just to get their gifts, I am just fine without them.. but my boyfriend and I just honestly have a lot of friends!

My family is done - they are throwing me a shower out of town as they all live out of town & my grandmother can't travel away from my grandpa. Well, she could, but it's easier that we go to her instead, she definitely can't make the drive down on her own, anyway.. someone would have to pick her up, etc.

My boyfriend's mother has.. a lot.. of siblings. I think she's one of either 7 or 9 and her family will be at this baby shower I'm trying to help my mum/sister work some details out for right now. I expect about 10-12 ladies from his family to come, plus his female cousins.. so I think 20 would be a safe guess? I'm really not sure though :dohh:

My mother wants to invite family friends, that aren't necessarily "my friends" but are important people to me still, and a couple of ladies from her work want to come (one has a daughter who is also pregnant right now living in Belgium).

THEN as said above.. I have a lot of friends, and my boyfriend's friends have girlfriends that I know and they of course all want to come. When I say large shower, I meant it. I meant OVER 50 people easily. My short list had 47 people on it.. and while I understand not everyone will realistically be able to attend.. what am I going to do?! I thought showers were meant to be close friends only.. but tons of people have literally asked to be invited to it.

- Shall I shorten the guest list? I don't want to offend any of my friends and CAN'T cut family from the list..

- If I don't shorten the list.. where on earth am I going to put these people?! I don't want my mother spending a fortune to host a simple baby shower!!

- How can I actually enjoy a shower with this amount of people? I won't get to speak to everyone, the whole shower will be spent sitting around and opening gifts rather than socializing or playing games!

- What would I do about food!?

- Um.. what possibly could I need from all those people?! I don't think any baby needs that number of gifts. My baby registry is finished and I know the stuff will be bought.. I don't want to end up with a room filled with clothes.

ooooh id invite EVERYONE i knew!!!!

i just wish we had baby showers in the uk!

oh id love allll those pressies!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't stress yourself over it - I'm having 2 baby showers, one here and one in my home town and I'm not organising either of them! All I know is there's gonna be a lot of people and a lot of food! Yum! Oh, and presents.

Do you know of any good baby shower games that would involve everyone? I went to one a few weeks ago and we all had to bring a baby photo and then guess who was who.

Exactly the reason we aren't having a baby shower. Our families are HUGE so this year for Christmas we just told everyone we wanted baby things for Christmas that way we wouldn't have to have a big baby shower, PLUS everyone lives all over the country and its just to much of a hassle to have a baby shower...but I actually don't like baby showers TBH I think they are somewhat tacky! We got everything we needed for christmas so we are set!
Hope you figure it out tho, its definiatly a stress you don't need added on top of everything else!!

Have more than one :)... All them people in one is too stressful

I wouldn't stress yourself over it - I'm having 2 baby showers, one here and one in my home town and I'm not organising either of them! All I know is there's gonna be a lot of people and a lot of food! Yum! Oh, and presents.

Do you know of any good baby shower games that would involve everyone? I went to one a few weeks ago and we all had to bring a baby photo and then guess who was who.

https://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_games.html

They have a looooot on there :)

Your lucky!!! unfortately both og our families are over 12 hours away... so our baby shower will be very small and none eventful. My best mate who lives up here as well is organising all the girls to get together for lunch and a party.. apparently i dont have to do anything but sit back and relax.. the family are going to be invited but i doubt that they will be able to make it. As it is i highly doubt that my own mother will be able to be with me when i have Layla... let alone for a baby shower... so know nows. Babe i would love to have the worries that your having..
My advise to you would be maybe divide it up into two or three seperate parties if you were that worried about it ....
Hope you have fun but :D

don't worry about it hun!
I have a big list of people, and it's mostly friends, not much for family, as i don't have a big family.
buuut, as for food, my best friend is organizing my shower, and since i don't want her forking out too much money, her and i were both thinking "pot luck" would be a good option!
also - in order to keep my numbers down, i told andrew to have a "beer and diaper" party... so him and his guy friends are gonna drink beer, and the guys bring a pack of diapers and/or wipes with them as their "gift"... then he's involved, but doesn't have to sit around with a bunch of ladies measured my big fat belly and what not!

There's lots of different things you can do! If you're worried about food, I'd go potluck, cause even if people bring just a little thing, it all helps right! :)

id just invite everyone...maybe you will get gifts and money so you can get things you need for baby once baby is here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->