Large ovarian cyst???

PCOSMomToTwo

Mommy to girl and boy
Reaction score
Has anyone been diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst. My doctor confirmed via ultrasound a 6.50cm cyst on my right ovary. It is causing some disruption as it is squashing my uterus and left ovary. They put me on Aygestin to try to shrink the cyst but now 8 days later from diagnosis, the cyst actually grew.

Can anyone tell me their experience with this? How large was their cyst? Did it go away on it's own? Did you have surgery? Did you ttc after surgery?? :shrug: :shrug:

My doctor said I will most likely need surgery if I don't show any change in 2 weeks (for a grand total of 3 weeks on hormone therapy).

Any help, answers or advice is VERY appreciated.

Blessings!!!!

(I also heard magnesium and Vit B12 is great, so I started taking that as well).

Sorry for the delay...don't no if your going to find this now but I've had 2 the first was about 7cm and I had that one drained due to age at time and cysts position and less than a year later I was in a lot of pain and after hospital and doctor visits I had a scan and a 9cm cyst had appeared (apparently when you have one your prone to them) and had it removed in surgery I got told it was guna be keyhole but at anytime they may need to open me up completely. Luckily keyhole was enough. Healed pretty quick. Birth control pill can shrink them its only when I started this that I got the pain. Hope this helps. X

I got a 7cm one on my right after fertility treatments..for which I got pregnant.. it was mighty painful and I was told to drink ALOT of electrolites and wear loose clothing.. it did start to shrink after a month or so..but they kept an eye on it and it was totally gone by my 20th week !!

Well, 6 weeks after my diagnosis of the 7cm cyst (they ended up putting me on birth control pill) the cyst is down to 1.5cm (as of Friday 5/20).

I went off of the birth control pill yesterday. The doctor said the cyst should be gone by now and I can start up my fertility meds next week (as long as my ultrasound looks ok of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->