Laser eye surgery - who's had it?

Arlandria

Love being Mrs.C xx
Reaction score
Really REALLY considering it but would like thoughts from others who have had it done.

Anyone? xx

My mum had it around 7 years ago and she said it's really good, she does wear glasses but the prescription is so light compared to what it was or would have been now. So it wont fix the problem forever but that's age for you x

My mum had it done about 12 years ago. She said it was the best choice she made. She now can see perfectly (she uses glasses when she drives at night as she hates the glare from lights)

My sister got it done and said it was the best thing she has ever done. She keeps saying I should do it too but I honestly don't mind wearing glasses enough to justify the expense haha :) Plus I may not be a suitable candidate and it may not work for me.

If you are considering it definitely look into it and speak to some clinics.

Btw not sure if you are planning on getting pregnant any time soon but if you are be advised that it's rob best to wait til after to have the surgery because your hormones can cause your eyesight to change so it could end up reversing the expensive procedure or rendering it useless :)

I got mine done about a year and a half ago. My parents got it done and so did my sister in law. We all love it. So worth it. I always had a hard time driving at night but after I got the surgery done I noticed a big difference right away.

My friends mum had it done a couple of years back and she is so glad she had it.

What clinics did everyone go to?? I want to make sure they are light without paying a fortune just for a 'brand' clinic. Obviously I dont mind paying the best for the procedure but don't wanna be ripped off :)

Thanks ladies xxx

I had it done last September and its the best thing I ever did! It does not hurt at all and the actual procedure takes about 2 minutes. I had mine done with optical express. The day after I took the tube to my follow up appointment and was already seeing with 20/20 vision. 4 days later I was able to travel from London to Edinburgh on a coach. If you can afford it go for it!

I had mine done with optical express too, I would really reccomend it. Its the best thing ive ever done for myself :)

I'd like this done (I'm really short sighted) but I really don't like the thought of it! xx

I'd like this done (I'm really short sighted) but I really don't like the thought of it! xx

I hate stuff like this aswell,have passed out during contact lenses appointments in the past etc and I just thought I'm gonna go for it!! The procedure itself its so quick! Also your eyes are numbed with drops beforehand so u don't feel a thing,u also can't see it happening. I told the surgeon I didn't want to know step by step what he was doing just to do it!

I keep looking into having it done. Even went for the initial consultation.

However, although everyone i know says how good it is and the best thing they've ever done, i've been put off by someone who works at our local eye hospital who has said that the majority of the people they have coming in now are people who have had laser eye surgery, nothing has gone wrong with the procedure but they have had problems after 10 years + with itching and blurring etc.

After watching Final Destination 5, i am NEVER having it :rofl:

V xxx

Does it hurt?

No it doesn't hurt but it is a bit unpleasant for the short time they are doing it. I was glad to get home and just go to bed for a few hours afterwards as my eyes felt really dry and gritty but it didn't hurt at all.

To the opening poster, I has it done and it was well worth it.

After watching Final Destination 5, i am NEVER having it :rofl:

V xxx

Y'know my oh was like 'oh we should watch final destination' and I was nooooooooo way, not until I've had my eyes done hee hee :haha:

I had it done in June and it's the best decision I've ever made. My prescription was about -2.5 and it was getting to the point I had to wear my glasses all the time rather than just when driving/watching TV. I hated it.

I had it done at Optical express and it cost £1250. The process itself was pretty vile - not painful, just very unpleasant and claustrophobic - but very quick. Both eyes were done within ten minutes. Afterwards it was like a really, really strong chopping onions type feeling, my eyes ran loads and I just wanted to keep them closed. I came home and went to bed and felt OK when I woke up a few hours later. The following night I went to see a comedian and could see fine - without glasses for the first time in years! - but they felt dry and scratchy for about a week.

You have to sleep in goggles (which they provide you with) for a week and apply 3 different types of drops 4 times a day for a week - and then that's it! My eyes were quite dry when I woke up for a few months afterwards but I avoided using drops as if you use them too much your eyes stop producing moisture of their own and you become reliant on them - and now I'm doing great!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, seriously I've been recommending this to like everyone I know! There's also an affiliate scheme so I could give you a voucher for money off and I'd get some money for referring you if you decide to go for it.

Thank you so much for that - very honest :) off to look at Optical Express x

However, although everyone i know says how good it is and the best thing they've ever done, i've been put off by someone who works at our local eye hospital who has said that the majority of the people they have coming in now are people who have had laser eye surgery, nothing has gone wrong with the procedure but they have had problems after 10 years + with itching and blurring etc.

See that is what worries me. I have awful eyesight (-7.5) and it would be great to not worry about contact lenses but when I mentioned it to my optitician he said it isn't safe enough yet and not enough is known about the long term effects. He told me not to consider it until I never see an optician wearing glasses! :haha: But what he said really put me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->