Laser eye surgery - who's had it?

My best friend was -6.00 and -6.25 and had laser done three months ago. She said it was quite sore but the best thing she's ever had done!
It worries me that there is not enough data to show what happens to people say 30 years down the line - just because the procedure isnt that old! xx

I had it done in June and it's the best decision I've ever made. My prescription was about -2.5 and it was getting to the point I had to wear my glasses all the time rather than just when driving/watching TV. I hated it.

I had it done at Optical express and it cost £1250. The process itself was pretty vile - not painful, just very unpleasant and claustrophobic - but very quick. Both eyes were done within ten minutes. Afterwards it was like a really, really strong chopping onions type feeling, my eyes ran loads and I just wanted to keep them closed. I came home and went to bed and felt OK when I woke up a few hours later. The following night I went to see a comedian and could see fine - without glasses for the first time in years! - but they felt dry and scratchy for about a week.

You have to sleep in goggles (which they provide you with) for a week and apply 3 different types of drops 4 times a day for a week - and then that's it! My eyes were quite dry when I woke up for a few months afterwards but I avoided using drops as if you use them too much your eyes stop producing moisture of their own and you become reliant on them - and now I'm doing great!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, seriously I've been recommending this to like everyone I know! There's also an affiliate scheme so I could give you a voucher for money off and I'd get some money for referring you if you decide to go for it.

I agree with everything here. Keep in mind that the stronger prescription you have the more it will cost. Both my eyes were -4.00 and it was £2790 for my surgery last September

What are the price ranges? Seems like its not so uncommon to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->