Laser eye surgery ??

Arlandria

Love being Mrs.C xx
Reaction score
Anyone had this done or know of someone who has had this done???

I REALLY REALLY wanna get this done! I suppose i dont mind wearing glasses but sometimes they just get in the way!

Swimming, skiing and with certain 'elegant' dresses! etc i think i'd rather prefer to go without!

:flow:

I had my eyes lasered on Thursday evening. I went to Optimax and had bilateral intralase with wavefront. I was so busy with work that I didn't have chance to really dwell on it, and once I got there I started to feel a bit anxious. The doctor was lovely, and answered all of my stupid questions, and then I signed the consent forms and away we went.

The procedure is a bit weird. They used two different lasers - the first one creates the flap and the second one reshapes the cornea. The flap creating laser is totally silent, but it requires a suction ring to hold the eye steady - that is a bit strange and feels slightly uncomfortable. The second laser makes a crackling sort of noise as it reshapes the cornea, but it's fairly feeling free.

I won't lie and say I could see perfectly when I was finished - although I knew I could see better immediately. My vision was blurry until the next morning and I was in pain for a while - not sure how long, as I had the procedure done at around 6.45pm and then went straight home to bed. Friday morning I got up, and nearly wet myself with delight when I realised I could see really well. I have some bruising on my eyeballs - well i say bruising because that's what they called it, but in reality it's very bloodshot - my eyes are a little dry at times but I have lubricating drops for that, and after that my vision is back to 20:20 and I'm convinced I can see better than I could with glasses or contact lenses.

If you want to ask any more, feel free. I got a form to send off referrals to them. The referred patient receives a discount of £500 and I would get a cheque for £50. If you're interested let me know and I'll send your details off if you wish.

Hope my account hasn't put you off. It's something I really wish I'd done a long time ago.

xx

I have had laser eye surgery last August but the different type epi - lasek - where they do not cut a flap, they puch the cells to one side.

My vision is perfect now and although they warned me i might be in pain i was fine but this takes longer to heal about a week before my vision was perfect. They say that this is the safer method as it takes no cutting BUt both types are safe and it depends on your corneas which you get done.

either type i really recommend

Hello! Well I had Laser Eye surgery in Feb 2007. It was by far the best thing I have ever done and I am so pleased that I had it done. Even now, over 2 years later, I keep getting excited when I am reminded how I wouldn't have been able to see certain things before the surgery that I can now!

I went to Ultralase and had their top treatment - expensive but I didn't wanna take the risk!!

I won't lie, the procedure was horrid. You are awake and so see the whole thing, it's quite scary at the time, but it is over within about 10 minutes. Also, for me, it really really stung the whole night, my eyes were absolutely streaming and it was pretty horrible, it took me about a week to be able to see clearly but I think that is because my eyesight was pretty bad, which means the laser treatment is more intense. When I went for my checkup, they found that the one "flap" didn't heal properly, so I had to have that opened and resealed. But, the likelihood of that happening is very low (I am just not a very lucky person!). I wanted to be honest with you as I wish I had known what to expect. All I had seen was the ads saying it was pain free and they could see within a couple of hours - well that wasn't true for me. However, even with having to have that eye looked at again, with the pain and everything, I would still wholeheartedly recommend it. At the end of the day, it was a total of two days and the benefits completely outweigh all of that.

The only after effects I have now is that at night I see streams from the lights (don't know if that's the right word), basically it's no different to when I had contacts or glasses on so it really isn't a problem for me - I know no different and I think it's something to do with my very large pupils! So it really has worked well for me.

It really is amazing! I couldn't go anywhere without my glasses and so it's just brilliant brilliant brilliant!!

I hope that's helped - if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask x

Aw thank you so so much!! I have been looking at this for ages but with it being an eye 'operation' as such obviously i want to make sure i know all the risks and hear from people who have experienced it first hand!

I have the pack from Ultralase and i'll make an appointment to see what they say! Let you know XXX

Hello! Well I had Laser Eye surgery in Feb 2007. It was by far the best thing I have ever done and I am so pleased that I had it done. Even now, over 2 years later, I keep getting excited when I am reminded how I wouldn't have been able to see certain things before the surgery that I can now!

I went to Ultralase and had their top treatment - expensive but I didn't wanna take the risk!!

I won't lie, the procedure was horrid. You are awake and so see the whole thing, it's quite scary at the time, but it is over within about 10 minutes. Also, for me, it really really stung the whole night, my eyes were absolutely streaming and it was pretty horrible, it took me about a week to be able to see clearly but I think that is because my eyesight was pretty bad, which means the laser treatment is more intense. When I went for my checkup, they found that the one "flap" didn't heal properly, so I had to have that opened and resealed. But, the likelihood of that happening is very low (I am just not a very lucky person!). I wanted to be honest with you as I wish I had known what to expect. All I had seen was the ads saying it was pain free and they could see within a couple of hours - well that wasn't true for me. However, even with having to have that eye looked at again, with the pain and everything, I would still wholeheartedly recommend it. At the end of the day, it was a total of two days and the benefits completely outweigh all of that.

The only after effects I have now is that at night I see streams from the lights (don't know if that's the right word), basically it's no different to when I had contacts or glasses on so it really isn't a problem for me - I know no different and I think it's something to do with my very large pupils! So it really has worked well for me.

It really is amazing! I couldn't go anywhere without my glasses and so it's just brilliant brilliant brilliant!!

I hope that's helped - if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask x

Ooh Bunny, I have some questions... I have been looking into this for a couple of years now. I think I'm pretty much decided on not yet (not least because you have to wait at least 3 months to get pg) but will probably look into it again in a few years. However, I really am keen to find someone with my kind of prescription to ask questions to. I have an astigmatism, prism in my glasses (although they can't do that in contacts and I don't really notice that much of a difference in that regard) and my eyes are -8 and -7.5 which is quite blind. :dohh:

Do you mind me asking what your prescription was? I also get the liney stary things at night, with glasses, and very badly with contacts as my pupils are so large (at night, not always, that would be weird) and so I wonder if that is something that they say will pretty much happen. Also, one last question (sorry :blush:) how much did you pay, if you don't mind saying? I have looked and the From £395 is never going to be for someone with my prescription, and I have had a couple of quotes in the £2-2.5k range which is a lot of money... and is it worth it...? Hmmmm. Can you tell I'm indecisive on this subject?!

Thanks for any advice you can give me :D

I had my eyes lasered in July 2007 and it was the best thing I ever did. I went to Ultralase in Bristol and they were great. I can't really remember what i had done other than it was the middle price range and not the most common as my eyes werent right for that, i think i had ultra lasek but dont quote me on that.
i had pain immediately afterwards but only really that my eyes were really heavy and that didnt help trying to find where we were staying to for the night! i didnt need to take the pain killers that they let you have tho so it couldnt have been that bad. my eyes are still fine as far as i know. i am having them tested next weekend so if i remember i will comeback and let you know! i was shortsighted before the procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->