Last Baby - Tubal Ligation?

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
I'm stressing out! DH have discussed it and agree that this is our last baby and yesterday at my appointment, I completed the paperwork to have a tubal ligation during my c section.

Now I have this panicky feeling, its just so permanent! They said I can change my mind at anytime, and to be honest, I'm 99.9% sure I don't want anymore babies (well actually, I'd love to have more babies its just I don't want anymore c sections! Three is enough for me, especially with the risks increasing each time) I just am scared of having it done and regretting it.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Could your DH get the snip instead? It's only fair since you've had to go through three pregnancies & c-section surgeries!

I'm in the exact same situaiton! I'm having #4 with my 3rd c-section (first was twins) and i'm having my tubal ligation during the c section. For me, as of now, I am completely ok with it. I just can't imagine more than 4 kids (even still imagine 4 worries me lol). That isn't to say that down the road I won't regret it. I'm only 25 so still young though DH is 34. I do worry that I will regret it one day though, but i'd really rather not chance getting pregnant again

Could your DH get the snip instead? It's only fair since you've had to go through three pregnancies & c-section surgeries!

The procedure doesn't really bother me, I'm going to be on the theatre table anyway. They will do it before they finish stitching me up. Its more the fact its so permanent. I think I'd feel that way about a vastecomy too.... He'd be happy to do it. I am just scared I will regret something so permanent.

Ahhhhh I thought my mind was made up! LOL

I'm in the exact same situaiton! I'm having #4 with my 3rd c-section (first was twins) and i'm having my tubal ligation during the c section. For me, as of now, I am completely ok with it. I just can't imagine more than 4 kids (even still imagine 4 worries me lol). That isn't to say that down the road I won't regret it. I'm only 25 so still young though DH is 34. I do worry that I will regret it one day though, but i'd really rather not chance getting pregnant again

I thought I was ok with it.... In a perfect world where I could deliver naturally and afford heaps of kids then I would. But its just not realistic. So why am I so anxious ahhhhhh!

If you are feeling this way it may be better to wait until you are 100% ready. The thing is after the birth there are so many hormones and emotions flooding you that you don't want to be at an emotionally vulnerable place when you do go for it. I know it's more convenient to have it while you are there anyway, but I am not sure that it's the best time if you are feeling unsure :shrug: Perhaps still plan on doing it,but when things settle ?

Probably best to do it when you have a busy toddler .... That's usually the time I decide I'm definitely done having kids :haha: (just kidding )

All the best for your decision. The truth is it's always hard when you make that final decision to have no more babies. We are done after this little one and I'm a little sad, but I know we can't have any more. :flower:

We considered having it done briefly.

I thought for a little bit that it might be a good idea, and I'm glad that we considered it and talked about it. But in the end, DH and I are only 30 and so much can happen. I started to get a little nervous about all of the what-ifs so we decided it would be best to leave the decision for another time.

We didn't feel the risk of the what-ifs was worth the convenience of doing it during the c-section. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks all :hugs:

I spoke to DH about it and though he was 100% for it, he was starting to freak out at the permanence of it as well. We are now thinking of doing the copper IUD instead.

Thanks all :hugs:

I spoke to DH about it and though he was 100% for it, he was starting to freak out at the permanence of it as well. We are now thinking of doing the copper IUD instead.

Sounds like a great plan ! Now you can relax and enjoy the arrival,of your little one :thumbup:

I think my DH is getting the snip after baby is here - he had an appointment about it this week and the waiting time is only 6 weeks so he will wait until baby is born.

We are quite young relatively (29) but I have GD in pregnancy which makes things hard and if I'm really honest this baby was a bit of a shock - I don't think I could cope with another surprise!

I had a copper coil between DD2 and this pregnancy. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us so we don't feel happy with that option either.

This is third and final for us and we've discussed both options. He's completely done and after how hard this pregnancy is I'm done too. We're both 26 so I know there's room to change our minds but honestly I can't imagine being pregnant again :/. If I have a c section, which is unlikely I've never has one before, I'll ask to have it done at the same time. If not, hubby will probably get snipped during his winter slow season when he has some downtime.. Recovery is a bit longer for him as he's in heavy construction.

If this pregnancy had been smooth, I don't think I would be so definitive about it. But it's been hard for so many smaller reasons (nothing major atm the moment except the subchorionic hemmoraghe at the beginning) that I couldn't imagine going through it again.

Im having my tubes tied during my section which is in 18 days time this will be my 4th baby and 4th section and im Definatly done having kids 4 is way enough for me.... I have no doubts about it this time around...with my last section I decided to have it done but when it came to signing the papers I had to many doubts to go through with it so I didn't and I must admit I'm glad I never because this beautiful little lady im expecting now wouldn't be here but I do no this time I won't regret it and fully intend on going through with it lol xx

Talking about it was a good idea. And I agree make sure you both are 100% sure with no doubt even with it being so permanent.

For us we are waiting one year after baby is born and then he is getting snipped. Both of us are extremely certain two children is enough for us. No doubt about it, but for me I have a horrible case of worrying. SIDS or something else could come up that you don't foresee. So having us wait makes the most sense for us for our lifestyle.

Could you not have a long lasting contraception like the coil instead?
It scares me how permanent it is and in five years time you might change your mind, most likely not but it's nice to have the choice xx

I'm getting my tubes tied with my section (in a few hours!) and I'm glad for it. Mostly because I'm very high risk pregnancies (history of blood clots, vertical incision, etc.) and after the blood clots I can't do anything hormonal. :/ Which leaves copper IUD, and I'm not interested again. I'm 35 already, I'm told I'm risking my life, I just need to get it over with.

But I've been 100% confident in my decision the whole time. If you're second guessing, go with something temporary, you can change your mind later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->