Last night - Good AND Bad

XKatX

Reaction score
We started Oliver in his Cotbed last night for the first time - from sleeping in his moses basket. We thought he would be really unsettled, so we prepared ourselves for a long night. But.................................He slept solid from 8.45pm to 6am!!! OMG:shock: Why didn't we do it sooner?! Lets hope it wasn't just a one off!!!

And the bad side - as you know, he is finally on gaviscon for his reflux. His poos have gradually been getting worse, so I have reduced his dose slightly and given him water between feeds, but he is ow constipated. He woke up this morning, after all that sleep, with a clean nappy. I am so upset. I think I've been hurting my baby instead of helping him :cry:
He seems ok in himself - he is sitting here giggling as we speak. But every now again, he does the poo face and goes really red. It's obviously causing some discomfort.

Luckily we have our 6 week check today, so I can speak to the doc about it, but I just feel so bad for him. But at least he had a damn good sleep - and so did we!!!:happydance:

YAY at the sleep thats brilliant!!!

and poor baby with his consiptation hope he feels better soon x x

That's brilliant ! I havn't had that much sleep since Jack was born lol!
Can only suggest water hun, maybe the doctor can give him something

That is a fantastic sleep for a 6wk old!! well done oliver! great news!

And i wouldnt worry that youve been "hurting" him with the reduced dose, if he was in any discomfort he would certainly not have slept that long.

Good luck for tonight! :hugs:

masaging his bum cheeks with warm water n cotton wool wil help.. and i herd brown sugar n water does too...havent tried it myself x

I really don't know what to recommend.I massaged Lola's tummy and put warm cloths on it when she was gassy,it seemed to relive it but don't know about constipation.
Wouldn't hurt to consult with his doctor about it?

And congratulations on all that sleep! It's really great and I hope he keeps it up! :hugs:

Wow! thats great on the sleep front! Jealous! :rofl:
We moving Lauryn to her cotbed this weekend as she outgrowing her moses fast! not sure how we'll get on as she likes being rocked in her basket and obv can't do that with cotbed!
Hope his constipation gets better tho! x

i wouldnt worry too much bout the constipation, i find when katie sleeps she doesnt poo for a while after she's woken up. she's been gettin really bad farts recently, this mornin she was pushin really hard whilst i was cuddling her, and i thought she'd done loads of massive poos, but it turned out to be mainly farts!

Jasmine only poops once a day.... I wouldnt worry unless he looks uncomfortable, once they start digesting better food doesnt go right through them as much...

Congrats on the sleeping!!!! I really do believe babies need their own sleeping space to sleep better. Jasmine has been in her own crib since a week old.

when i put summer in her cotbed she was fine never got moody or enthink and bin fine since :)

Well done Oliver!!!!! Wow that's brilliant!!! Hope his constipation eases soon xxx

Well done with the sleep thats great for his age!
I heard that dripping warm water on a constipated babys bum cheeks helps them poo?? Not sure if its true but it might be worth a go.
Dylan got constipated when he was about Olivers age and the doctor told us to give him water with some fresh orange juice in and that helped him but i would always check with the HV or doctor about it because we were told by some that we shouldnt have given it to him?? Hope he feels better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->