Last thing we need!!

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Almost 35 weeks pregnant, a week past the point my son arrived at. Got really achey and sore last night so thought I'd have a nice relaxing bath. Ran it, got in, lovely :) then drip... drip... drip. At first I thought it was condensation from the towel rail above the bath, nope, dry. Stand up and touch the ceiling and its soaking wet :( we have a downstairs bathroom just off the kitchen, and it has a flat roof as the bathroom is single storey. After closely looking at the ceiling it's wet in quite a few places and bulging a little. Our landlord has arranged a umber to come round today, but think it might be quite a big job. The whole ceiling needs to come down :( we then started looking at the wall as we noticed some loose grout, and quite a few tiles are warping away from the wall and behind the grout is wet too. So knowing baby could arrive at any point, we might be without a working bathroom. Just hoping its sorted quickly!! Put an end to my relaxing bath that's for sure! x

Bugger- that's not great. Will your insurance cover it?

:( oh no! There's nothing worse! Good luck on getting it fixed quickly and without stress. It may be a pain but just focus on relaxing and getting your little one here safely :) :hugs:

Bugger- that's not great. Will your insurance cover it?

We rent, so really hoping my landlord has adequate insurance! Don't think she's going to like us very much, been here since November and had a new fridge freezer, as the old one packed up, 2 weeks ago she spent £1000 on new carpets for the whole house as the last tenants hadn't told her there were carpet moths, so the carpet was ruined, and now this!! x

they better get it fixed, espevially with baby coming into it! :hugs: renos are a stressful thing.

Nothing like household issues when you're super prego! Our pressure valve on our water heater blew 2 weeks ago at nearly 10 at night! We had 170 degree water (we heat our hot water with a wood burning furnace, so it's HOT and unlimited!!) spewing everywhere floor, drywall, utility closet! No shut off valve going to the tank (genius, right?) and so we had to shut off the water main until the next day when we could replace the part. $14.00. brutal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->