Latching issue with newborn

Is bub having any other difficulties ie. Wind, colic, reflux? I know latching difficulties can be related to ties as well. I'd get to an IBCLC and see if they can help with any problems you're having. It can be hard in the beginning but completely worth it and it gets so much easier. We had a lot of difficulty in the beginning latching issues, oversupply, breast refusal. Ours was because of an upper lip tie and posterior tongue tie which our GP and paed did not pick up, which happens a lot with bubs. Now we're cruising along at 9 months with hopefully many more months to come.
Good luck :flower:

Thanks for all the advice ladies. Unfortunately things just didn't work out.
LO had jaundice and had to eat regularly, which I couldn't do. We tried combo feeding, and then expressing and bottle feeding. But my production just couldn't hold up. I started drying up. My last day of expressing, I wasn't able to get more than 1.5oz total all day.
We've been feeding formula exclusively for about 2 days now and LO is doing great on it. She's been more alert and staying awake for longer periods of time, plus her jaundice is clearing. DH is also happy, since he can now feed her and not feel left out.

Glad to hear your lo is now getting what they need! That's what really matters! Sorry bf did not work out for you as you had worked so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->