Late 2nd Period After D&C Late However Not Pregnant

hey dear,

have you had a follow up visit/scan to see if there is any left-over tissue after your d&c? this is a must have to check how your surgery went and how your healing is going. if you have some leftover tissue, it may still be producing hcg and thus not letting you ovulate and have a period... on the other had, since it's almost 4 months since d&c, you might as well be pregnant again!

the only way to make sure is to visit your doctor. i am waiting for my 1st period after d&c now and really hope my body gets back to normal asap!

I had a D&C in November and my hCg levels finally just got back to 0. It took 4 1/2 months, which is not normal. I also bled for like 2 months, which in the beginning I thought was my period, but it was just getting "left over" tissue out. I finally started my period 3 weeks ago after 4 1/2 months. I never expected it to take this long and I am ready to start trying again. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. As much as it sucks, it's good to know someone else has had the same issues. My doctor said she's never seen someone take so long to get back to 0 so having no answers is horrible. I never wanted a period so bad in my life! I'm sending positive thoughts your way! Good luck!

hi there i had a D&C on 6th feb this year, and my 1 st period came 28 days after my m/c, im now having the same problem with my 2nd period, ive done 4 pregnancy tests all come bk negative and still no sign of my period...im having period cramps but no show of this period....my suggestion is make an appointment with the gp, and see if they can advise you, if i have any more info i will report bk. hope this helps due to not being on your own, thanks laura :)

Hi, I'm new to this page. I have a miscarriage in February, was 8 weeks. I had my first period on march 23, was much lighter then I expected. It has been 40 days since then and nothing. :nope: I'm very confused cos I'd love nothing more then to find out I was expecting again, but I'm terrified to do a test I case it's negative and I'm disappointed. If any one can shed some light I'd really appreciate it cos I dunno if this is normal it was my first pregnancy.:cry: thanks. X

Hello. Just yesterday, I turned 34 years old. I have no children, but really want some. On July 28, I found out I was pregnant and was soooooo excited. However, on Aug 10, I began miscarrying. I started bleeding slightly and it increased. I went to the ER on Aug 11 and at that time, my HCG levels were 1,041. However, by Aug 13 when my dr checked my levels, they were in the 300s. My dr did not do a D & C, and wanted to allow my body to naturally purge the waste. A follow up 2 weeks later had my levels at 16, but pregnancy test showed a BFN. During this time my insurance expired due to me being laid off...so I never returned to the dr. On Sept 9, I got a period that lasted about 4-5 days. However, I have NOT gotten another one since. It has now been 46 days. I have had cramps resembling a period, but no blood, no spotting, NOTHING. I have taken 3 pregnancy test and they have all been negative. I have noticed frequent urination, weight gain, and tiredness. No breast tenderness as before. I am concerned that something more serious is wrong, but not ruling out a possible pregnancy either. I am sooooo confused.

Anyway, my appointment is in one week, so I will update with news at that time. I am praying for the best for you all and myself. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->