(Late) Anna arrived! LONG, positive, pic heavy!

C

Chelsea.ann1

(I'm posting this in teen pregnancy too)
So as some of you know I had false labor for weeks... I dilated to 4 and was 100% effaced with a baby at -2 for quite some time....
I was due Sept. 25th.. delivered at 40w5d.

Than one day (Thurs, Sept. 29th) I woke up and I felt even more pain in my pelvic area than usual and I couldn't for the life of me walk right. This had to have been the baby moving on down even further... not comfortable :haha:

That afternoon I had a series of contractions (though not totally painful) but 7 minutes apart for maybe 2 hours... they of course faded... I had lost all hope by this point! I was going to be pregnant forever!!! :wacko:

Sometime between 6 and 7 that night I got a very different feeling contraction.. I've had many many even painful contractions before this point.. but this one stood out.. My mom decided to time it...

I than had 2 more 10 minutes apart than they were 3-5 minutes apart.. after an hr me and my mom decided to go on a walk to see what happened.. They kept coming.. getting a little stronger... by now 2 hours had passed..

We went to the triage..
They checked me I was at 4 cm (.5cm more than before) so they had me walk an hour... Contractions picked up and I wasn't able to walk through em now.. Went in n got checked I was 4.5, and contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and I couldn't speak through them.. I WAS ADMITTED FINALLY!

I handled the contractions well by focusing on my breathing.. and distracting myself by texting ppl to tell them I was in labor... :haha:
We finally got to my room.. I changed.. than BAM contractions became EXRUCIATING never ending and one right after the other.. I began hypervenitilating, shaking, and super close to vomiting... I couldn't handle this anymore I was seeing white... So that's when I asked for the epidural... which I found AMAZING at that point...
Oh yea she checked me beforehand and I was at 5... All those hours of pain to dilate only a half cm!!! I thought this would never end!!!

Anyways after i was able to relax we all tried to get some sleep thinking we had a long day ahead of us... (my mom and sister were with me)..
Than at about 4-5 am the epidural wasn't working and the button wasn't helping I could feel alot of the contractions again and than my water broke... I called the nurse in and told her i was in pain n my water had broke.. we though it'd still be a while and we figured she just need to call the anesthesiologist to come up my dose.. she checked me not expecting much change...
We were all surprised to hear.. Your at 10 and the baby's head is right there it's time to push!!! WHOA.. lol was NOT expecting that... We waited for my Dr. to arrive... I pushed for an hour.. and my sweet beautiful baby girl entered the world at 6:45am September 30th, 2011. I cut her umbilical cord myself.. :haha: and they handed her straight to me... She was VERY pink and VERY healthy with no birth marks, no deformed head, no blotchy spots NOTHING.. she was flawless.. so they gave her to me for quite some time before taking her to clean her up and things.... It was the sweetest thing.. right when she was layed down on my chest her little eyes looked up at me and she became perfectly content.. all crying had stopped all muscle tension gone she just layed there staring at my big blur of a face...
This moment was incredible.. I thought I was dreaming.. I just stared back at her..

Anna weighed 7.12 ibs and was 20in long. :cloud9:

I had a very great labor and delivery I feel as if I faked it... It went very smoothly and very calmly I was pleased.. It was actually a very nice 12 hours!

For all RRL consumers you might be pleased to hear that my recovery is going way better than planned I needed 3 4 stitches not bad.. but if my dr. hadn't told me i had them i'd never know.. my bleeding isn't even what i'd call a heavy period.. and i haven't felt much pain from my uterrus contracting back down.. My postpartum period is going great I feel absolutely GREAT...

I'm over the moon to have my beautiful sweet amazing baby girl here with me... :cloud9:
She's such a great baby... I find myself waking her up at night to feed and change her so far...

I never thought this kind of love could ever really exist in this world.. I'm so incredibly happy to find that it does...

Here's some pics of the little Miss. Anna Renee. :cloud9:

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/ipodnano55_2007/AnnaReneeHarbo9301110111426-1-1.jpg
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/ipodnano55_2007/carseat2-1.jpg
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/ipodnano55_2007/mybaby-1-1.jpg

Oh yea.. She's definitely a mommy's girl... :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Can't wait to see all your guys announcements!!!

Congratulations! Beautiful baby girl you've got there! :flower:

The love you feel for your child really is unmatchable. :cloud9: I thought I'd felt love when I had my son. And then I held him and I knew that nothing could ever compare, except my next baby. :winkwink: And it seems impossible... but it really just gets stronger as they get older. When you think you couldn't possibly love them any more... you do.

congratulations sounded hidious to strat with but all that love does make it so worth while im even more excited now roll on 11wks :) enjoy her while shes young they grow so quick

:cloud9: what a lovely birth story hun she is absolutely beautiful! really bought a tear to my eye reading that so happy for you xx

Congratulations! Beautiful baby girl you've got there! :flower:

The love you feel for your child really is unmatchable. :cloud9: I thought I'd felt love when I had my son. And then I held him and I knew that nothing could ever compare, except my next baby. :winkwink: And it seems impossible... but it really just gets stronger as they get older. When you think you couldn't possibly love them any more... you do.

Thankyou :hugs:

I couldn't agree more... It brings me to tears thinking about it.. It's like every time I look at her my love grows and it's such an overwhelming feeling.. Such a complete feeling.. It's like a piece of me was found that I never knew was lost but don't know how i lived without....

It's incredible.. beyond words.. unreal.. :cloud9:

What a lovely story!!! Congratulations! I cant wait to experience it! xx

Aww congratulations she's beautiful. Lovely name too! Xx

Congratulations, shes perfect xx

awwwwww shes absolutely beautiful congratulations xx

Congratulations, that was such a lovely story to read :) Well done x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members