Late Announcement of Thomas' Arrival and birth story

Flower_Girl

Reaction score
I am very proud to announce (very late I'm afraid!) the arrival of our little boy Thomas on 16th Feb :cloud9: :happydance:

Thomas arrived at 38w+ 4, at 19:51, weighing 7lb 8oz and was born by c-section.

My birth story isn't very exciting I'm afraid lol.

My waters broke at 1.30am 16/02/11, luckily I had just been to the loo and was still on the loo, perfect place for waters to break! (I had been concerned my waters would break in our new bed! lol). We went to the hospital but as I was only 1cm and my contractions were mild we went home with an appointment to come back at 3pm later that day.
Back in hospital that afternoon I was examined again and the midwife said I was still only 1 cm so she said she wanted the consultant to do an ultrasound to check baby's postion and low and behold where there should have been a lil head there wasn't, as my lil monkey was upside down!
It was about 5.30pm by this time and within an hour and a half I was in theatre being prepped for my section.
After almost an hour Thomas was born, I was so relieved to hear that first little cry!!! And we immediately fell head over heels in love with him as soon as he was passed to me and his daddy :)

Thomas is 4 weeks old tomorrow and doing well :)

congrats, i had my little girl on the 16th feb also, how are you doing after c section, would be great to talk to someone at same stage as me xxxx

Thanks everyone :)

Thomas is doing really well, weighed 9lbs 9oz today! :)

I have a bit of an infection in my section scar so on a course of antibiotics for a week :-( Fingers crossed it sorts itself out!

Congratulations, hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Aww congrats :)
My daughters birthday is feb 16th :) she was two when your little one was born. How time flies!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->