Late finding out?

Raspberries

2 boys, 1 girl in bump!
Reaction score
Hey, I've been reading up on women who find out they're pregnant late into their pregnancy, more than 8 weeks or so, and if they've had symptoms, eg missed periods, classic pregnancy symptoms etc but mostly negative tests and I just wondered if anyone on here found out late into pregnancy or if they knew anyone who found out late in pregnancy?

It seems pretty common on things I've read so just thought it'd be interesting to find out how common it really is. :)

Hia, i actually knew i was pregnant before i did a test even though i had no symptoms! Bt my friend stil had her periods for 3 months and had no symptoms so didnt think she was pregnant then had blood tests done and found out she was 13 weeks pregnant! I think its amazing how your body works x

i found out at 11 weeks. had 1 period in that time no mornin sikness, erm my belly was a little bulgy das it though, i found out went hosp. 3 days later had pain, had 2 kum bk nx day had a scan was 11 weeks and 1 day

I was over twenty weeks pregnant when I found out I was pregnant with my third. I was not having periods but didnt really have them any way (was being investigated by the doctors), I didnt have any sickness or anything, no bump, didnt feel any movements because placenta was at the front. The only reason I found out then was cos I needed an xray and as I hadnt had a period in so long they did blood test.

YES! When I was at college my best friend did a pregnancy test and it came up positive and as she had only just turned 16 she booked in to have an abortion. However 3 days before her appointment she came on and it was very heavy so she assumed she'd lost the baby. She did another test and it was negative. She was sad that she had lost the baby but obviously felt she was in a better position then. It was until she was 8 months pregnant that it was actually diagnosed! She hadn't had any symptoms at all, absolutely no bump cos the baby was laying straight up against her spine (she went up like one dress size from a size 8/10 to a 10/12 which is obvs nothing when you're 16!), and she had regular periods throughout. She went to the doctors just after xmas with stomach pains & they told her and everything was just like a massive shock. I couldn't believe it so I can't imagine how she felt! Then a week later she had to have an emergency c-section cos something was going wrong with her liver due to the pregnancy (can't remember exactly what now but i know her skin went yellow!). So in a week's time she's gone from being a normal 16 year old to having a newborn baby! Luckily her family, boyfriend and friends were really supportive and her little girl is gorgeous now! She's the sneaky little baby that didn't want to leave her mummy so she tricked us all! A little miracle =)

And it's good cos obviously now my friend is SO glad she didn't have the abortion. That's why I couldn't ever have someone.. you might think it's not the right time or whatever but you make it work don't you? I can't imagine anyone actually having a baby not loving it & wanting it gone.

xxxxx

i have a friend who was pregnant with her twin girls and she didnt get a positive test until about 7 weeks or so i believe it was. she took one earlier on but said it was negative... even though there were two in there!

I was pretty sure that I was pregnant before I got my positive test. I just had the feeling that I was. However, I was rather shocked to see the positive :)

my mom and my sister took over 7 weeks for them to find out. for one of sisters kids she was 7 weeks with negs before hand and then 9 weeks with negatives before hand. My mom was always longer to finding out

My mum didnt find out until 6-7 months when she was having my little sister.

My Dad went pale as a sheet when she found out she was pregnant. Then we all went to the ultrasound but my Dad stayed in the waiting room.

Once the sonographer confirmed the dates neither me or my Mum would leave the room as we were too shocked and chicken to tell my Dad :rofl:

I think its mad she only found out at that point - by 6 months I had Alex and there was no doubt before then I was pregnant and feeling kicks!

I found out at 18+6.
I cant remember much, i know i missed few periods, didnt really click on that i "could" be pregnant, id been on pill for 3.5years, around that time i wasnt havin breaks in my pill went straight onto next packet to avoid having a period etc.

i did do couple of tests may have been around 12wks 1 came back invaild, next came back negative so left it at that soon after i was very ill, i thought i had food posioning, actualyl morning sickness.

i went to clinic to get next pack of pills was complaining of very bad stomach pains, was routine just to do a test, came back positive! then they thought baby was growing in wrong place so i had scan 3 days later found out was 18+6 with perfectly healthy baby.

I was 19 when I fell pregnant. I had not had a period for 2 years :shock: so I thought nothing of it-How could I be pregnant with such a messed up body? :lol: I was about 11 weeks when I tested....but I cant clarify that because I have no LMP to go by...all I know is that I was more than 10 weeks.
When I would have been about 6 weeks my boobs did grow, I thought I may have been pregnant but I thought it was impossible because Id not had a period for so long, I actually just thought my boobs were growing because of puberty as I am a late developer.....
It wasnt untill my DP made me do a test because I just seemd different.......I got a :bfp: in the shopping centre toilets :rofl: That was one of the best days of my life. :cloud9: I was estimated a few weeks later to be 13 weeks and 2 days and thats when the sickness kicked in. Sadly I only had 12 weeks to enjoy being pregnant as I lost my little girl at 25 weeks :cry:

I know a woman who went to the hospital for very severe back pain and was told she was in labor! She didn't have a clue!

i knew a girl (19) who was was feeling abit 'funny' on the friday, took a test and found out she was pregnant, the doctor booked her a scan to see how far along she was, and she gave birth (full term) on the sunday which was crazy!
she put on loads of weight, but put it down to eating really badly and drinking herself into oblivion 4 times a week! (for a good year...) and there was about 4/5 possible fathers
but the baby was perfectly healthy and now she loves being a momma!

i found out when i was 6 weeks i think. i had a few symptoms and went to docs and they did a test which came back negative so i thought nothing of it. A week later i was still feeling not right so me and OH bought a first response test from shop and that came back positive within a few seconds! SHOCK lol x

My mum didn't find out that she was pregnant with me until she was 5 and a half months because she'd been on the pill and she was still having what she thought were periods. She was bleeding once a month for like a day VERY lightly, but didn't think anythink of it because she'd done negative tests early on!

Then, she fell downstairs and started getting lower back pains so went to doctor who told her "Don't worry, the baby's fine" haha...

Thanks for all your replies, :thumbup: I think it's really interesting how your body can fool you this way. My great aunty was the same, had periods all the way through her pregnancy but didn't actually find out until 4 months after feeling a little under the weather so popped to doctors! :rofl: xx

wow these stories are amazin. i knew i was had allthe symptoms extremely bad from about 6weeks. but a girl i know didnt find out she was until she was 8munths. and had her son 2weeks later. she went doctors thinkin she had constipation haha. x

wow these stories are amazin. i knew i was had allthe symptoms extremely bad from about 6weeks. but a girl i know didnt find out she was until she was 8munths. and had her son 2weeks later. she went doctors thinkin she had constipation haha. x

I really can't imagine doing that (possibly because i'm a POAS addict!), it must be so hard to go from having just yourself to look after, to having a LO without that long transition called pregnancy! :p

i know haha. and it would be a rush to get everything with hardly no money. it would be awful for it to go from just yourself to u and a baby aswel. sayin that though i think pregnancy drags on tooo much haha x

my friend, whos 19 and already has 2 kids, and was on the pill went the docs with bad bac pain to be told she was 22 weeks preg with her 3rd! but shed had no other symptoms . and had her 3rd lil girl yesterday, shes gorge x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->