Late Period......but two months on????

scottbaby

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I'm hoping you might be able to give me some advice, hubby and I have been trying since January for baby number 1. August was out most organised and active month by far and during the TWW I just felt different, like I knew this was the month, unfortunately I was wrong and sure enough right on time AF arrived on the 9th September. During September we were rubbish, I was so gutted after August's happy feelings that I felt so defeated and felt we would never get pregnant, so I crossed my legs for the whole month (I know, poor hubby right). So I am really confused when AF due on the 9th October has not shown up, I'm now four days late but on the second month. Other than feeling ridiculously tired recently I have had no other pregnancy symptoms, if I was pregnant from August I would be nearly 8 weeks pregnant by now, wouldn't I have noticed something going on???

I know the advice will be to test, but I can't face seeing that lonely little line again, plus if I'm not pregnant then why am I late? I've googled it (the most sensible thing to do - obviously :wacko:) and other reasons for late pregnancy don't seem to apply, I haven't changed my diet, my routine and I'm definitely not an athlete (lol).

My periods are usually like clockwork and four days late is a big deal for me, could I be pregnant from August??

Any wisdom you have to share will be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

I wish I had wisdom. Hug. If you don't want to see a negative, my advice would be treat your body like you are (vitamin, avoid the wine haha) and when AF is a week late test. I've been googling like mad as well. So you're not out until AF shows or you have an ultrasound. FX crossed for you. Stress can be a big factor with late visits. If you were upset enough to not DTD for a month that seems like a lot of stress to me, but short of taking the tests I can't really help :(. Sorry

Thanks Dobbyforever (great name by the way). I know at the back of my mind by two options are wait it out or test but what I really want to hear is 'yeah, that happened to me and I was pregnant and everything turned out perfectly' slightly unrealistic I know - guess I was just hoping for an easy answer. Decided that if AF hasn't shown up by the morning I will test, I'll be five days late tomorrow which seems significant enough to test.
Thanks again for the reply, felt good to just rant about it.

Haha well for what it's worth I'm late for cycle 2 as of today. So I'd be in the same boat almost. If I am, I'm 7 weeks. I've been googling obsessively, pretty much every day. Tons of stories out there about HPTs giving false negatives, even blood tears given false negatives. Seen didn't know I was pregnant episodes where girls tested and never got a positive and out popped baby. :)

Thanks :) um.. I had something else to say but forgot haha but I'm with you. I just want someone to tell me that even though the closest I came to a positive was two evaps that my blood work will come back and I am pregnant.

I think google can be your worst enemy when your desperately hoping for something. I just end up thinking of different ways to word the same question hoping to get the exact result that I want :haha:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you for this month, when are you testing?

I have to admit I didn't think getting pregnant would be this difficult!!

Haha we're like the same person :)

I have given up on HPT. I have one frer left I was going to use this morning because I have been so sick the last three days. But I just tested Thursday with nothing and I had blood work done. Seemed like a waste. I should get my blood results monday. Quantative so nothing I can what if myself with

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->