Laydees who chart...

FF won't give you a confirmed O until you get 3 days of high temps, so FX for tomorrow you'll get the crosshairs.

Temp dipped again today :wacko: ....think I'll write this cycle off, and hope it behaves more conventionally next time

So finally C2P crosshaired my elusive Ov at CD17 (backed up IMHO by the LH lines on the CNFM sticks), and FF crosshaired it at CD23 (giving me a 3 day LP!?)...however, AF arrived on Saturday so I guess all that is academic.

And now a new Q for this new cycle.

Does anyone else get temp spike during AF?

It happened last month on CD5...and I put it down to sleeping with my mouth open, or some other equally plausible explanation.

But it looks like it may have happened again this cycle too. Today is CD4 and my temp has shot up.

Temps are totally erratic during AF, really you don't need to take your temp during this time, I do only becuase I hate an incomplete data set, but yes having peaks and troughs is quite normal through AF.

What you might want to do this cycle is consider adjusting your temps on days you get up earlier or sleep in, so you can input the same time to FF every day - it struggles to confirm O if there's too many white circles for irregular times on your chart.

You could also consider introducing opks this cycle to help pinpoint approaching O, they can be quite useful.

Temps are totally erratic during AF, really you don't need to take your temp during this time, I do only becuase I hate an incomplete data set, but yes having peaks and troughs is quite normal through AF.

What you might want to do this cycle is consider adjusting your temps on days you get up earlier or sleep in, so you can input the same time to FF every day - it struggles to confirm O if there's too many white circles for irregular times on your chart.

You could also consider introducing opks this cycle to help pinpoint approaching O, they can be quite useful.

Haha, I spy a fellow numbers geek.... :haha:

Guilty as charged, if it wasn't my job I'd do it for free LOL

Fuzzy, exactly what is in Pregnacare?

Wouldn't be sure on the other Products, Pregnacare Conception etc.

But the one I'm taking is Pregnacare Plus - two pills, taken once daily after food.

1st pill is an Omega-3 Capsule
Omega 3 Fish Oil - 600 mg
DHA - 300 mg
EPA - 60 mg​

2nd Pills is a brown pill
Vitamin D (as D3 400 IU) - 10 µg
Vitamin E - 4 mg α-TE
Vitamin C - 70 mg
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 3 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 2 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 20 mg NE
Vitamin B6 - 10 mg
Folacin (Folic Acid) - 400 µg
Vitamin B12 - 6 µg
Biotin - 150 µg
Pantothenic Acid - 6 mg
Vitamin K - 70 µg
Iron - 17 mg
Magnesium - 150 mg
Zinc - 15 mg
Iodine - 140 µg
Copper - 1000 µg
Selenium - 30 µg
Natural Mixed Carotenoids - 2mg​

I also take 150 mg of Levothyroxine - but 99.9999% sure they don't interact negatively.

I would take just a fish oil, foilc acid, and 50-100mg of B6. I think you are getting extra stuff you do not need, TBH.

so I'd agree with Dmom and urge a bit of caution perhaps - effects of supplements vary so much from person to person.

Sorry to drag up old thread again.

2nd cycle with CBFM, not convinced I OV'd last cycle (the one discussed in this thread previously) and don't think I've ov'd this cycle either. Been doing ic opks each evening, all neg, and CBFM is getting as bored as I am of just giving me endless Highs each morning. Only 6 sticks left in my 2nd box of test sticks...and I'm sure it'll ask me to pee on all of them...so 2 full boxes (40 sticks) used up in just 2 cycles...this is getting expensive!

Final box of Pregncare Plus is almost finished. So looking at alternative supplements after your helpful comments above.

Have found this at a local health shop:

Complete B Complex

Nutritional Information
Two caplets contain: %EC RDA*
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 10mg 909%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 15mg 1,071%
Niacin 25mg NE 156%
Pantothenic Acid 100mg 1,667%
Vitamin B6 10mg 714%
Vitamin B12 25µg 1,000%

Folic Acid 400µg 200%
Biotin 100µg 200%
Choline Bitartrate 250mg **
Inositol 250mg **
PABA 50mg **

If combined with their own-brand B6 vit (50mg Vit B 6)

Each tablet contains %EC RDA*
Vitamin B6 50mg 3,571%

And their own-brand Omega-3 (1,000mg Omega 3)

Each softgel capsule contains %EC RDA*
Fish Oil 1,000mg **
typically providing
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) **
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) **
Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 300mg **
Vitamin E 0.74mg a-TE (1.1 I.U.) 10%

Is that all the imprtant stuff covered?

Preg Plus works out at 33c/day

And the combination of the 3 products I've detailed above only comes to 19c/day...so if they'll do the same job as the Pregnacare Plus, or perhaps a better job...I'll save money on supplements too :thumbup:

Had a few evenings with a feint 2nd line on the opk...but never had a proper +ve result. Had what I thought were ov pains in the evening on CD17 and in the morning on CD18, but only light cramps. Which co-incides with a temp rise. But they were kinda mild, background cramps if that makes sense. When I've had them previously they have buckled me, albeit only briefly, like really bad af cramps.
And my temp this morning was back down again :wacko:

Hi There-

Did you decide to use these things based on your previous symptoms/body hormonal profile? The Omega-3 Capsule could be suspect/delaying ovulation again. Also, it doesn't look like you've Ov'ed yet. Look into vitex for helping get ovulation + pre-natal. The 2nd pill above looks fine.

G'luck!
*SS*

What happens if you discard the high temp on CD11, I'm wondering if FF would then draw cross hairs on CD13...but you had pains on CD17 and FF needs 3 consecutive higher temps to draw crosshairs after O....

Ok I'm not convinced you have O'd yet either, that makes 2 of us.

I'm not the person to ask about supplements (check out my EPO thread if you want more info why...) but certainly the one I tried interefered with O.

I can't remember if I've asked this stuff way back in the thread but sometimes you might need to test with opks more than once a day to catch the surge, and you only have to hold your pee and no drinking fluids for 2 hours beforehand, are you doing that? It's a pain but necessary.

I'm thinking you need to keep testing

Hi There-

Did you decide to use these things based on your previous symptoms/body hormonal profile?

No, because the Pregnacare Plus looked like it might have been responsible for delaying Ov....as reported by some other users too. So it was suggested on this thread to just concentrate on the folic acid, omeg-3 and b6 or b-complex, and cut out the rest of the crap that Preg-Plus has in its forumlation and see if that helped.

The Omega-3 Capsule could be suspect/delaying ovulation again.

Curious as to why you think the omeg-3 might be doing this? is this a known/documented side-effect of omega-3? I always assumed that it goes hand-in-hand with folic-a for pre-natal vits?....my diet wouldn't include much oily fish, so its seemed wise to keep it in the arsenal when I finish the pregnacare plus in afew weeks.

Also, it doesn't look like you've Ov'ed yet. Look into vitex for helping get ovulation + pre-natal.
*SS*

I'm not convinced on the agnus castus....can't seem to find 2 reports that agree on what its used for and what effects it has...many seem to contradict each other. some people have reported delayed ov, shortened lp...which is the last thing I need...and the wiki page on it can't decided whether its an aphordisiac or an anaphordisiac...
I *have*to take the 150mg of levothyroxine - I have no thyroid gland, and it keeps me alive, so I'm a little leary on using something that acts directly on the pituatary gland too. Not to mention there are some reports from GPs & pharmacists stating not to use agnuscastus with levo...? Argh, all this is SO confusing....but in my med cupboard, the levo is King, and always comes first in my consideration of taking any supplements/medication etc.

What happens if you discard the high temp on CD11, I'm wondering if FF would then draw cross hairs on CD13...but you had pains on CD17 and FF needs 3 consecutive higher temps to draw crosshairs after O....

Discarded CD11 temp, and no crosshairs...boohoo :cry:

OPK *feint* lines definitely indicated somewhere between CD15-18...last feint line wasMondayevening, and totally clear of 2nd lines last night.

I can't remember if I've asked this stuff way back in the thread but sometimes you might need to test with opks more than once a day to catch the surge, and you only have to hold your pee and no drinking fluids for 2 hours beforehand, are you doing that? It's a pain but necessary.

I'm thinking you need to keep testing

I was kinda hoping that using CBFM around 8-9am and opks between 7-9pm would catch something, but I think you're dead right....if I did ov this cycle, perhaps it was a really short surge...and perhaps I need to to an opk around lunchtime too, on a few of the more likely days next cycle. :shrug:

Not that I'm symptom spotting but have been peeing like a racehorse all day today, driving me mad haha! :rofl:

Discarded CD11 temp, and no crosshairs...boohoo :cry:

Temp went right back up this morning.

So I reinstated the previously dscarded CD11 temp, and discarded yesterday's low temp instread.

And with that minor chart-tickle both C2P and FF gave me crosshairs and now declare that I probably ov'd on CD16...do you lovely laydees concur?:wacko:

I think I would agree. The only thing the isn't cool is no OPK +'s. You're sure those OPK's work for you normally? Sometimes people have varying sensitivity to tests.
EDIT: Otherwise with the discarded temp, I would still say you have not Ov'ed :(

Never used opks at all in the past. So they either don't work for me, or I missed the surge :shrug:

These one's are a bulk pack of ICs I bought off ebay a while back. The brand is One Step?

I did get feint 2nd lines for a few days, which I assume showed something was stirring...but never a proper dark second line.

Never used opks at all in the past. So they either don't work for me, or I missed the surge :shrug:

These one's are a bulk pack of ICs I bought off ebay a while back. The brand is One Step?

I did get feint 2nd lines for a few days, which I assume showed something was stirring...but never a proper dark second line.
No help for this current cycle. Hopefully you got some BD in. Next time, get some OPK's which you hold mid-stream and compare to the IC's. If they both read the same, then you'll know the deal (no true surge). I had one of those type cycles last cycle. But, I did that comparison before so I knew the IC's worked...I just didn't have a surge. GL.

I'm not 100% on this one, FF has dotted the cross hairs, I think you need another couple of days higher temps before we can call it, but you had some cramps around CD16 so it does look like a possibility.

Re the opks next month as you said maybe test twice a day, I use IC 20mu sensitivity ones myself, they work fine, but I do abstain from drinking for 2 hours, which isn't great fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->