Laying on tummy to nap

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
How many of you do this?

I don't do this very often and usually lie Chase on his back, as they suggest. But I've found that by laying him on his tummy he will sleep a bit longer during his naps. Obviously it feels good on his tummy.

I only have ever laid Sharlotte on her stomach. I was too worried she was going to choke on her own reflux when she couldn't move around to get it out of her mouth.

:hug:

Well Hannah rarely lays down on her own for naps as you well know :roll: but I have let her nap on her stomach and on her side in the past....she always naps in the same room with me so I really don't see a problem with it

Suprisingly Caitlyn can't get comfortable on her belly, she only did once! I would do it if she did like it though.

Yep both my LO have slept on there belly, but there always comfiest on there side.

They also slept longer like this, they must feel more secure x

Jensen sleeps on his side at night - he sleeps in bed with us tho.

He likes sleeping on his tummy too, but when he does I'm so paranoid that he'll suffocate that i can't leave the room - so the other day i had no brekkie/lunch til he woke up, which was hours!

Realistically, what are the chances of any harm coming to him sleeping on his front? And what age is it safe to leave them on thier front/side asleep in a different room?

Kalea loves sleeping on her tummy. So I let her nap like that during the day sometimes because I know I'm there and awake if anything was to go wrong.

They used to suggest mums put their babies to sleep on their fronts, then their sides and now their backs. Can't win!

I've definitely noticed that he sleeps longer and better on his tummy. I was putting him down for naps in this position and last night I decided to put him down for the night like that. He ended up sleeping a bit longer last night before he was up for feeding.

Ted wont lie on his tummy...he screeeeeams and assumes we're doing neck excercises which are far too much like had work!!! he likes to go sleep on hs side.

yeah jack sleeps on his belly all the time thats the only way to get him to sleep, i did worry at first but hes fine he can move his head side to side so hes fine, i say what ever they like

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->