Layla Belle Inglis born 1st June 2009

esther

Mum to Layla born June 09
Reaction score
Here is the story of my induction and birth of my beautiful baby girl Layla Belle.. :cloud9: :cloud9:

On Sunday 31st May, I arrived at the hospital at 4pm for my induction, after the paperwork etc got taken to my room where the doctor inserted the cervidil tape onto my cervix, at the time the doctor did this I was only 1cm dilated and my cervix posterior and thick, which indicated that labour wasn't on it's way that day!

So went to bed thinking that nothing would really happen, didn't really sleep much either. Woke up and went to the toilet at about 6.30am and felt a little crampy when I went to pee. Then went back to bed, around 7am had the CTG thrown on me which showed some regular contractions starting. Then about an hour later, decided that they were getting painful and regular and rang my husband to make sure he was on the way up to the hospital ASAP. The obstetric team then came to see me, did an ultrasound to confirm where bub was positioned and did an internal which found that I was 3cm dilated and 75% effaced!!!! The cervidil had worked really well overnight and I was stoked. The obstetric team then went away to do a c-section and the irritable contractions started. They were coming every minute, then every 3 mins, then every 5 mins then every min again and only lasting about 15 seconds but was really annoying and irritable. The doctor then came back to see me around 12pm and he broke my waters, which was a very weird experience, this gush of water everywhere which was really warm. I thought the contractions would start up then and there really intensely but they took about 30 mins to start up again.

Had some lunch in between contractions and pacing around my room, until the pain got too much to be cope with in a shared room (the lady in the bed next to me had visitors and I was getting agitated and felt uncomfortable having contractions and dealing with the pain in front of strangers). The midwife then took us to the birthing suite and introduced me to my best friend the gas and air!!! It was brilliant, it worked so well for me for quite a few hours as well - hard to describe how it helps you through but it gave me something to focus on through contractions, and my antics on it gave my husband some entertainment.

Around 4pm had another internal and was 5cm dilated which the midwife was really happy with, about an hour later the pain got too intense and the gas and air wasn't really helping as much as it was so I had an injection of morphine. The morphine worked great, I was falling asleep in between contractions and was just able to focus on the pain while being able to relax in between.

Around 7 - 8pm the pain got to a whole new level, the contractions were coming one on top of the other and the pain was intense, like nothing I can explain at all. I was in transition period, had an internal and was 8cm dilated, which was great news but I was in agony and not coping. I can remember screaming and telling my husband I couldn't do it anymore, was so desperate. I begged for an epidural at some point lol, the anaesthetist came to see me to talk to me about it, and I had a contraction and declared "I want to push" so the option of the epidural was out the window lol. I was so exhausted by this time because of the contractions coming one on top of each other that the midwife put me on my back and my husband was helping hold my legs while I pushed through the contractions. The position of being on my back was horrible though, there was this awful pressure on my lower back and bum and when a contraction hit I had to lift my butt off the table because the sensation was just awful. Pushing was definitely hard work, and it really is right through your bottom like you are pushing out a bit poo lol. Was horrible pain when she was crowning, and I had an almighty contraction which pushed half her head out, then another, then apparently her head was out and then one more huge contraction and push from me and her whole body propelled out and she fell out onto the birthing bed. Such an amazing feeling, feeling this whole little body fall out of your body. They lifted her up onto my tummy and I couldn't believe she was out, she looked at me and stared it was so amazing. I can remember the look on my husband's face - she was just shocked and amazed at how quickly her body came out.

Delivering the placenta was nasty, took about 45 mins to get it out which sucked because the contractions kept going. Ended up getting only 3 stitches which were fine, they aren't really hurting at all now which is what suprised me, it's only my backside that hurts.

Layla is amazing and I'm so in love. I couldn't believe how perfect she was when she was born. She wasn't swollen, bruised, had no cuts, rashes, red marks, no funny indentations from the birthing canal on her face or head. She looked like she was just gently plucked from my stomach. She's a gorgeous sweet little girl with jet black hair, blue eyes, little cupid pouty lips - we're so in love with out little girl.

She was only 7 pound 9 ounces, not the 8 - 9 pound baby we were told to expect. She's so little as well with really long skinny little legs

It's such an amazing feeling, I cannot describe, my whole life feels different now.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 79
  • LaylaBelleInglis.jpg
    LaylaBelleInglis.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 106
  • layla1.jpg
    layla1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 102
  • layla.jpg
    layla.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 125
Congrats darling - she is beautiful!!!!!! :wohoo:

xxxxxx

She is a darlin, well done xox

omg how beautiful is she???? :cloud9: huuuuge congrats to you and your OH

COngratulations, this is one popular name now lol! I hadn't heard much of it till a few weeks ago! Layla's are known for lots of hair by the looks of it !

Look at all her hair, congratulations, she's beautiful!!!

I was really taken by your story since I'll be induced with my 2nd. My daughter was born at 40 weeks 3 days weighing 9 lbs 9.5 oz, so my doctor is inducing me earlier and I was a little worried about it and you did it epidural free!!! Awesome job!!! I had the morphine and epidural with my daughter, but the epidural wore out at the end...

She is stunning! I love her hair. congratulations xx

Congratulations she is BEAUTIFUL x

awesome esther! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
looks like she has Daddy's hair! adorable lil munchkin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->