LBC 97.3 now

Sketcher

Reaction score
talking about pregnancy with Dr miriam stoppard...

anyone been listening?

the conversation about exerises worried me a lil. And how important it is you don't get out of breath.
I didnt' exersise regularly enough before getting preg but did swim sometimes, hadn't been for a couple months eek, do go for walks with dogs etc. But now I want to go swimming, but Im not fit I suppose so it can get hard quite quickly. She said if you didnt do exersise before then don't whilst preg, but that worries me as that can't be good for the body??? I don't want to turn into a lump but I don't want to risk getting out of breath and depriving the baby of air! it sounded vitally important you don't get out of breath eek.

Hey,

I didn't hear the show....but my MW was adament that some gentle swimming and walking is good to get your body fit for labour! As well as kegals! I've been doing 50 of those a day.

I have been trying to have a 20 min walk at lunchtime and couple of evenings a week I take the dog for a good hour long walk. I just take it easy. I do find that I get out of breath quickly I just slow my pace....

Anyone else any opinions???

Oh and I plan to go for a weekly swim when I hit 12 weeks and find out if everything is Ok

x x

yeah does sound right to me. Just made it sound so scary about losing breath.
I found some pregnant pilates exercises on youtube I might do, just the easy ones and the kegals. I've had a pilates ball for about 2 years, about time I found a use for it other then playing in the garden with the niece and nephew!

anyone been listening?

the conversation about exerises worried me a lil. And how important it is you don't get out of breath.
I didnt' exersise regularly enough before getting preg but did swim sometimes, hadn't been for a couple months eek, do go for walks with dogs etc. But now I want to go swimming, but Im not fit I suppose so it can get hard quite quickly. She said if you didnt do exersise before then don't whilst preg, but that worries me as that can't be good for the body??? I don't want to turn into a lump but I don't want to risk getting out of breath and depriving the baby of air! it sounded vitally important you don't get out of breath eek.

Ahh I've missed it, but the whole out of breath thing has just made me worried, I always end up out of breath wtf :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->