Leaking diapers :(

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
My little guy is going from a little chubber to a lean toddler. And now my diapers are leaking like nuts! :(

We have already gone back to the smallest rise setting and I have snapped the legs at tight as I can. I don't know what to do. Every single time we put a cloth diaper on him it leaks at the leg within a half hour. It is extra frustrating because he is back to hating diaper changes again :(

I am going to strip them again tomorrow and see if that helps any at all. It is so sad because I hate using disposables but I don't really know what else to do right now.

Do you think he is just between snap sizes? We had a time of about a month when he was younger where we had to use disposables because of leaks like this too and then he fit the diapers again.

Please tell me there is hope! :haha:

Have you tried pulling them really high up (think nipple warmers!)? When my oldest went from a chubby baby to a skinny toddler I found that I needed to pull them really high and fasten them a bit tighter than I was used to around the waist. I used to get away with doing them loosely around the waist but when she was walking around more, nappies would start slipping down and cause gaping at the legs. If I couldn't stop them slipping down (she was straight up and down so nothing to stop them falling down really), I just put a poppered vest on her to hold it up.

Thank you. I never thought to pull them up like that. Since I tried snapping the rise at the smallest setting again they actually sit quite low on his hips. I will try leaving the rise at the middle setting and pulling them up high and putting a onesie on him. Thanks!

Could it maybe be an issue fo him starting to do big toddler sees, instead of little baby ones? We've just gone through this, she was leaking out of everything constantly, with no change to her shape or nappies rise etc. What I've done is make sure I have more absorbent nappies, and things which absorb more quickly. 2 parters are a big friend of ours in the morning, when she does her biggest power wees.

I never thought of that. I'm not really sure if that is his problem. He really isn't a heavy wetter at all.

He's been back in them again for two days now and everything seems to be good again. So relieved.

I didn't end up striping them because he ended up sick last week and I couldn't do anything at all without him in my arms. They're working great now so I guess it was his shape that was the issue and he just needed a month or so to fit them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->