Leaving EBF 6 month old overnight

Bubble Girl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My partner and I will be celebrating our 10yr anniversary when my little girl is 6 months old and we're hoping to go away for a night. I'm really nervous about leaving her though because she has never had a bottle before and worried if I introduce a bottle even for a night it may mess up breastfeeding/supply. Has anyone done this before and if so how did it go? I would express while away but I'm also worried how bub would cope with out me. Any advice would be great, thanks.

You should start introducing a bottle now rather than leaving it until that one night in case she won't take it. If your expressing then your supply should be fine

At this point the occasional bottle shouldn't affect anything too much. You should definitely introduce the bottle before you leave, though.

I agree with above. I did an overnight at 3 months and had been giving intermittent bf bottles. He was fine!!! My supply was fine. No nipple confusion and no stress either.

Your supply will be fine if you express. I've left my dd overnight on two separate occasions and my supply slighlty dropped for a couple of days after but I made sure I drank fennel tea and ate loads and it recovered quickly. She was only 3 months then so I'd think at 6 months your supply wouldn't be as affected anyway.
As pp have said def introduce bottle now! My dd was fussy with the bottle at first but now loves it and she goes between breast and bottle with no trouble at all x

Thanks everyone for your advice :).. I will definitely start trying her with a bottle. Iv tried a couple times before and she wouldn't take it but I'm thinking I might get my partner to try when she's due for a feed and I'm not in the room. Iv also got to try move her into her own room before hand because at the moment she sleeps in a side sleeper next to me. So I have a lot of work to do! I'm sure a night off will be worth it tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->