Leaving LO overnight?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
So i am thinking of taking my OH away for valentines night as it's his bday as wel., Savannah will be 4mths and 3ks, she's bf but will take a bottle of expressed... do you think it's too soon to leave her overnight with my parents? She sleeps through till 4:30 or 6ish and then back down til 9ish but yeah...
Your thoughts?

I think if they are up for it, it is perfectly fine! Enjoy yourselves for an evening! :) :)

Yeah, I msgd mum and she said sure. Just a little worried, lol. Would feel so bad at one of them having to get up to feed her real early.

Thats my main concern with leaving Helena with someone. I know how annoying it is to getting up in the night. Actually I reread your first post, and she sleeps pretty good.

If she has been around them a fair bit I would say go for it. I'm sure your mom would love to have a chance to cuddle her grand daughter and one night of a early feeding I'm sure she will be fine with. Try to remember that different things work for everyone and if you are comfortable with the idea then go for it plus it will be good for you and hubby to get out for a bit.

Yeah we live with my parents so she's very comfertable with them

I think it sounds like a lovely idea - a chance for you and your OH to have some time to yourselves. I'm sure your parents would love to have her, so if you feel ready then do it!

I think it sounds great. I left Lola overnight with her dad a couple of times, honestly it was harder on me than on her. :lol:

I agree, if you are comfortable with it than go for it! I wish I was willing to leave Hannah with Stan's mom, not that I don't trust her really but Hannah's not comfy with her so I don't want to leave her there.

I think its totally fine to leave your baby over night with someone who they are familiar with and who you trust to care for them. I think it does everyone good, good for baby as they get to spend time with someone different and good for you and OH getting to spend time together as a couple alone. Just because you are parents doesnt mean you dont need time to just be alone together! Once Patrick gets a bit older i will let him stop over his Grandparents because i know he idolises them and they look after him just as well as i can and do! I stopped with my Gran when i was young and i remember loving ever second of it, i know your baby probably doesnt know what the hell is going on but i regularly stopped over my grans when i was young on i used to really look forward to every saturday night!! xxx

i saw go for it! see no's and loves your mum lots as you live their, and your're all comfortable with each other, so i say go and enjoy yourself :) maddi's staying at my mums that night too. maddi loves it and mum loves it too, we just miss her :dohh: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->