LEEP procedure and pregnancy

hay246

Loving being a mummy :)
Reaction score
hi girls

was just wondering if anyone has had problems getting pregnant after having leep (lletz) i've now had two, and have heard that it can weaken cervix etc especially the more u have them.

hoping that i get the all clear this time though! came back within 6 months so had to have it again. so annoying. trying again now after a months break. hoping i'm in my fertile time now, and hoping for my :bfp: soon.

just wanted to hear others experiences.

thanks in advance :flower: x :)

Hi, I suspect you might have more of a response if you post this question in the TTC forum, or maybe the Pregnancy Club, or even the Baby Club forums? I think people don't tend to look in here unless they're posting in a specific group. )

I had a LEEP procedure in 2003, and successfully went on to have my son, who's now 19 months old. However, that's quite a long interval, and I have heard of some women having problems when TTC/pregnant not long after the procedure.

I was anxious about potential cervical weakness, too, and so when I was offered an internal scan at 21 weeks to measure the length of my cervix I was happy to accept (this wasn't just me, it just so happened that my hospital was doing a study on cervix length and pre-term labour). I was ok, and so it turned out, my son was born at 40w4d.

When you get pregnant, perhaps you could ask if it would be possible to have your cervix monitored? They can put a stitch in to keep it closed if it looks like it's going to open too soon, I believe.

Good luck, hope you get your bfp soon and all goes well. :)

eta: there's a thread running in the First Tri forum that might be of interest to you: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/579413-cervical-stitch.html

thanks for your response mary jo much appreciated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->