Leg cramps

Christinee

Reaction score
It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it.. LOL This morning I woke up with the worst leg cramp ever. I was literally chanting out loud .. please go away... please go away. LOL I flexed my foot outward which made my leg loosen up. But omgosh!! That hurt! :(

Yes, ouch! I had one that made my leg sore for a couple of days afterward.

They say low potassium or calcium makes them worse. I've found that too much calcium causes mine! I cut down the number of tums I take, and that has helped prevent them a lot.

They say low potassium or calcium makes them worse. I've found that too much calcium causes mine! I cut down the number of tums I take, and that has helped prevent them a lot.

Wow didn't know that about the tums!! Funny because I just started taking tums about a week ago for this new found heartburn too.... I'm going to go buy bananas tonight in case its low potassium.

Wow didn't know that about the tums!! Funny because I just started taking tums about a week ago for this new found heartburn too.... I'm going to go buy bananas tonight in case its low potassium.

Yes, the OB I had with my son told me to stop taking Tums when I complained about leg cramps. He gave me Zantec for the heartburn instead. After a couple days of not having any Tums my leg cramps disappeared! It was like a God-send, for real. Now I'm really careful about how many Tums I take.

OMG, pregnancy leg cramps are the absolute worst! I get them all the time. I usually would flex my foot and toes towards my head and it would go away, that was pre pregnancy, lol. Although flexing that direction does still help sometimes I've found that flexing the other direction helps a lot too. As in pointing your toes outward it make your foot parallel with your leg. The other thing that helps to prevent or take them away (if done during cramp) but for prevention, prior to getting in bed stand a foot or two away from a wall facing it. Keep your feet flat on the ground with your hands planted on the wall and lean forward leaving your feet flat on the ground. Do this like 10-15 times in and out, like a standing push up. Oh, you should be able to feel your calf muscles stretching/flexing when you lean into the wall. Very simple but it does wonders. I'm sure I look really attractive hobbling around yelling and screaming and doing crazy things whilst 8 months pregnant, lol, but I'd much rather not get them at all! He he :haha:

Legs cramps are the worst. I had them throughout my pregnancy with my younger daughter and this pregnancy I've had so far a total of 2....they happened and happen in my sleep. I stretch a lot in my sleep and in pregnancy those feel good stretches turn into painful immobilizing leg cramps!!! I've gotten into the habit of not being such a heavy sleeper since getting pg and it helps bc I can feel when I stretch and I'm curling my toes too far. I immediately draw back but last night I just woke up with my leg locked out! I know the only way to relieve it is by flexing your foot but that's so hard!!

OMG, pregnancy leg cramps are the absolute worst! I get them all the time. I usually would flex my foot and toes towards my head and it would go away, that was pre pregnancy, lol. Although flexing that direction does still help sometimes I've found that flexing the other direction helps a lot too. As in pointing your toes outward it make your foot parallel with your leg. The other thing that helps to prevent or take them away (if done during cramp) but for prevention, prior to getting in bed stand a foot or two away from a wall facing it. Keep your feet flat on the ground with your hands planted on the wall and lean forward leaving your feet flat on the ground. Do this like 10-15 times in and out, like a standing push up. Oh, you should be able to feel your calf muscles stretching/flexing when you lean into the wall. Very simple but it does wonders. I'm sure I look really attractive hobbling around yelling and screaming and doing crazy things whilst 8 months pregnant, lol, but I'd much rather not get them at all! He he :haha:

That is what I did this morning to get my leg to relax. I didn't know to do it, I just did it and instantly my muscle loosened up.

Legs cramps are the worst. I had them throughout my pregnancy with my younger daughter and this pregnancy I've had so far a total of 2....they happened and happen in my sleep. I stretch a lot in my sleep and in pregnancy those feel good stretches turn into painful immobilizing leg cramps!!! I've gotten into the habit of not being such a heavy sleeper since getting pg and it helps bc I can feel when I stretch and I'm curling my toes too far. I immediately draw back but last night I just woke up with my leg locked out! I know the only way to relieve it is by flexing your foot but that's so hard!!

Yep... that is exactly what brought it on this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->