Leggings as trousers.

You ladies would despise me, they are all I wear :rofl: and shock horror I don't wear tops that cover my arse either! I always ensure that the leggings i wear are completely opaque though especially when bending over, I wouldn't wear those extremely thin black ones, mine are red, blue, grey etc and definitely not see through lol! x

I wear them with long tops or dresses. I think it can look fine at trousers, but not if see through.

At the kids old school there was a woman who wore the footless tights as trousers.

It depends on the leggings. I have some Zara ones (with the gold zipper/fake pockets) and they're really black and very thick. I can wear these without totally covering my bum with a t shirt/dress.
But most leggings definitely need a longer top to cover the bum area as they're quite see-through! I do cringe when I see ladies knickers. It just isn't a classy look!

You ladies would despise me, they are all I wear :rofl: and shock horror I don't wear tops that cover my arse either! I always ensure that the leggings i wear are completely opaque though especially when bending over, I wouldn't wear those extremely thin black ones, mine are red, blue, grey etc and definitely not see through lol! x

Thank god I'm not the only one :thumbup:

No NO NO NO NO

You wont even find them in my house unless its for halloween/fancy dress

They look okay on some with a dress/long top, and heels for sure. But not for me! I think they are unflattering, especially with flats.

I voted no. I have a fat arse and cellulite to boot so I wouldn't wear leggings without a long top. But I do wear leggings with long tops that cover my bum. They are so easy and comfy. I also think if I was slim I would wear them with just a t shirt.
I wear the ones from h&m that are called heavy/ thick leggings so they are in no way see through!! That is a big faux pas!!

I wear the leather look leggings with shorter tops, I never wear short tops like crop tops but the top I wore with them last time came to just before my bum :lol: Other than that I don't really wear leggings at all because I wear a lot of dresses/skirts.
Each to their own I say. As long as it's not the see through ones then I think it's fine :lol:

No, I find the idea of going out in what are essentially thick tights rather vulgar, the thin ones are even worse because people seem to think wearing them under short shorts will make them look any less underdressed, it doesn't.

I only wear them with a long top, as in bum covering long.

I liveee in leggings! But I only wear them with tops that cover my bum. I think it looks awful when people wear the really thin ones as trousers and you can see their knickers! The thick ones are ok as trousers imo, I just wouldn't wear it personally xx

I only wear leggings if my top covers my bum.

I have seen worse fashion issues than visible pants through leggings though. I was walking behind a girl the other week who was wearing such little hot pants that the bottom half of her bum checks was on show. I swear my bikini bottoms covers more. It might have looked a bit better if she had done that odd thing of wearing tights and hot pants.

i usually always wear tops that cover my bum anyway, or atleast JUST cover it.. i have a few tops which sit on my hips/trouser line (not wore them in a while since been pregnant though)
So yes, i do wear leggins as trousers. but the leggins i wear most definatley are NOT see through, i know the ones you are on about though, i see people all the time wearing white pants under them and you can see all.
Thats just cringey, so in that case, no they shouldnt be wore as trousers, but if you have the right ones why not?

I accidentally voted yes :dohh:

I don't like it, mainly because I'd look like a sack of spuds (yet I only wear skinny jeans, all the time... Hmmm!)

My friend looks amazing in them, though she's almost six foot and has a banging body... I'd look ridiculous.

I was in a shop once and there was a woman infront of me with a bright orange thong on and I could see every nook and cranny... Not a fan of that! xxx

I only wear leggings with a long top that covers my bum. Even then I spend all my time pulling at my top to make sure it's not riding up.

I only wear leggings with longer shirts that cover my butt, or dresses/skirts. Never wear them with regular length shirts, as leggings are typically too see through. Even the thick ones are usually see through if you bend over. I DO wear jeggings though, as they are different material and don't have any problem with being see through. Usually wear them with tall boots in the winter.

Actually modified, you live same place as me and I can see your concern :rofl: this place is ridic for it :rofl:

I never ever would but I think some people can get away with it if they are completely opaque (and thicker material than tights) and you can't see any knickers showing through.

However, personally i think it's a lot more flattering to wear a long top or dress. I would wear leggings with anything that covered my bum even if it was definitely more of a top than a dress.

The first time my brother brought his ex-gf home to meet the family she wore leggings with a short top. When she bent over to get in the fridge while I was behind her I was horrified I could see the pattern of her underwear. Who wears that to meet their OH's family for the first time?!

I used to, then a guy made a sleazy comment about my bum-think he thought I'd be flattered, but I was mortified :blush:

So now, strictly with things covering my bum! :thumbup:

No no no! I would only wear leggings in place of tights... perhaps I'd go for leggings/jeggings if the dress is slightly too short for me with just tights as they're a bit thicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->