Lengthening LP?

BrittBS

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions? My LP is usually 11 days but I'm starting to spot around 9dpo. I know that is not enough time for implantation. I've heard of B6 but I've also heard that if you don't take another vitamin along with it you can really cause an imbalance. I'm taking a prenatal vitamin, will that be enough to take with it? And is it ok to start taking it anytime or do you need to start it at a certain time in your cycle?

I'd like to know this exact thing! Hopefully someone has an answer. Ive been getting cysts in my bbs after O ever since I started taking JUST the prenatal but I want to start b6 this month for my LP as well. If u find an answer and wouldn't mind posting it I'd love to know as well! And ill do the same =)

I have 10-11day LP at the mo, I take a vit b6 but it's grouped with the other vitamins, something to do with working better together :) 45mg a day I took from around O to AF last month (coincidental, just happened to be when i bought it) most go with 100-200 but i'm just not sure about those volumes. I've also heard brazil nuts are good to lengthen LP :) munched on them last cycle to no avail! I've now been drinking Fertilitea since about a week before O this cycle (I O'ed 5days earlier than last month so I like to think the tea helped) i'm now eagerly waiting to see if the tea helps my LP :)

(A little TMI here)

That being said, after starting the vit b6 last month my AF was entirely brown which I wonder if it was caused by trying to push my LP forward or just a coincidence :shrug: i don't have enough info to go off to compare notes yet :)

Just thought i'd share my experience so far !

I took vitamin B6 combined with b complex vitamins for 3 cycles and my leutal phase went from 11 days to 13 days. Xx

Tinadecember are you taking a prenatal too? I'm just worried about getting too much and doing some kind of damage.

Thanks patienceiav!! Where do you get the tea?

I took vitamin B6 combined with b complex vitamins for 3 cycles and my leutal phase went from 11 days to 13 days. Xx

are b complex vitamins the actual name? Ive never heard of them..would u mind telling me a little bit about them? I know ive heard this before but never actually asked what they were lol. Thank u! =)

I have 10-11day LP at the mo, I take a vit b6 but it's grouped with the other vitamins, something to do with working better together :) 45mg a day I took from around O to AF last month (coincidental, just happened to be when i bought it) most go with 100-200 but i'm just not sure about those volumes. I've also heard brazil nuts are good to lengthen LP :) munched on them last cycle to no avail! I've now been drinking Fertilitea since about a week before O this cycle (I O'ed 5days earlier than last month so I like to think the tea helped) i'm now eagerly waiting to see if the tea helps my LP :)

(A little TMI here)

That being said, after starting the vit b6 last month my AF was entirely brown which I wonder if it was caused by trying to push my LP forward or just a coincidence :shrug: i don't have enough info to go off to compare notes yet :)

Just thought i'd share my experience so far !

thank you for this!! Where can u purchase that? Ive heard if it but never knew if it worked! I deff want to try it out!

I bought mine off amazon UK but I imagine the US is cheaper to order off their own website, not sure what it is but a quick Google of fertilitea you'll find it :) i love the stuff, mild green tea taste and I think it helped my O :) expecting af on 22nd so if I make it past that then I'll be a firm believer in this tea!

I was curious too I take b complex and prenatals. But the b vitamins in those two things together are nowhere near the dosing for ...extending the LP which I heard is 50-100mg......I am thinking thr b6&b12 is around 10mg if not less for my vitamins combined......so I am just scared to take more vitamin b but even if I take a half of a tablet(100mg whole 50/half) I will still be around 60mg per day.....plus wiggle room for food I eat. I am 10-11 lp....spotting light spotting on the day before. I am also trying baby aspirin aka low dose aspirin in chewable form to aid implantation.

I just haven't decided what I am Gonna do ....has anyone noticed....an upset stomach .. . While taking bcomplex?

Just wondering if anyone here has tried Vitex? I just ordered some but looking for someone's experience with it. I also have short luteal phases!

I meant to start vitex this month but couldn't find it locally so ill order online if I'm not prego this cycle.

The fertilitea has vitex in :) hence why I'm so pleased my ov regulated, hoping for the same with lp. Since my ovulation was normal time this month I doubt I'd bother getting pure vitex but how do you get it, is it prescribed?

I lengthened my luteal phase from 8-9 days to 13-14 days by taking a B-100 complex, Vitex, and using progesterone cream. It is true that a complex is more effective than any one B vitamin solo because there needs to be a balance of all the B vitamins for any one to work efficiently as I am to understand.

After losing several pregnancies early (after finally getting bfps) and then charting on I figured it had to be related to my super short luteal phase but my obgyn wouldn't test my progesterone levels :growlmad: The vitex worked to add a day or so on but it helped more with ovulation and the b complex added another day but I stalled around 10-11 days. I added progesterone cream and bam! Normal luteal phase and sticky bean!

Ahhhh! I'm so confused now on what to do!!! :(

It can be confusing. You can always start with one and then add the other supplements as you see fit. In retrospect I wished I would have started all 3 supplements (vitex, progesterone cream, and b-complex) straight away because maybe I would have got my sticky bean sooner but hey....I'm not complaining as I have my 12 week scan tomorrow!

But can't too much progesterone cause problems, if I add progesterone cream and I don't have problems with that?

But can't too much progesterone cause problems, if I add progesterone cream and I don't have problems with that?

What in specific have you heard that you are concerned about dear? i could send you many medical study links if you are truly interested. I looked into it quite a bit before making my decision and couldn't find anything conclusive about issues with progesterone except maybe increased symptoms which I was prepared for.

The study that was most interesting to me was very iron clad because it focused on ivf patients (which there have been over 5 million and counting in the past 35 years btw) and the women were studied regularly and had consistent prenatal care immediately after conception. It is fairly standard protocol that women who get ivf are given progesterone supplements after the embryo transfer to make sure the uterine lining is thick and able to sustain a pregnancy. None of the women in the study and birth defects associated with progesterone and furthermore those women who didn't have it had a higher case of miscarriage. There were studies back in the 50's about certain defects associated with synthetic progesterone (not natural) because it contains androgens but natural progesterone has been proven quite safe and is used regularly.

Anyways it is a personal choice and I recommend you read up yourself a bit on it and decide. Or better yet visit your doctor and discuss it with them as I did my RE. I think ultimately if you ask around we can all name lots of women with success stories using progesterone but I have yet to meet or hear of someone who has had an issue. Good luck!

Thank you for the info! I am also going to try progesterone cream and upping my b-complex next month once I start Vitex.

Also, on the topic of progesterone- I did IUI which has two weeks of progesterone supplements after the procedure. At that time, I did not have low progesterone, but they give you supplements to help support a pregnancy if it happens.

This time I am having short luteal phases, which did not happen before, and even without testing my levels, the doctor agreed to give me progesterone at my next appointment if I wanted to try it before trying treatments again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->